Beating the Bolt

Beating the Bolt

Well this picture certainly tells it all! I took the control arm, with the slots cut in it, up to the shop and continued the work. I alternated between cutting an hammering the bolt. The cut from the rod saw was not straight through the bolt, so it began to cut into the sleeve before cutting through the bolt. When I cut enough of the bolt away, I was able to get a hacksaw blade that I ground down to fit into the hole. Each bit of steel removed allowed more penetrating oil in to work on the rusted bolt. Eventually, it began to move. When the bolt finally came out, I could see how rusted it really was!

Between the time I was working on that %#@$ bolt, I painted the axle tube. Next time I’m up at the shop, I should be able to start the assembly of the rear suspension!

Previous Restoration Day
Next Restoration Day
Ferrari Home Page