5053: Getting the Heads Back On
With the May 2nd Radcliffe/Tomyang.net party looming, I really needed to take some time away from my paying jobs to put my 330 America’s heads back on the car. Francois had some time last week to check my cam timing in relation to the actual timing marks and set everything for the optimum performance, so I could now continue with the putting the rest of the engine together.
After a whole day of work I completed the following tasks:
1. Retorqued heads and rocker assemblies.
2. Installed headers and header heat shields.
3. Frantically found a set of valve cover gaskets for my 330 that Francois had in his stash after finding out the wrong ones were sent to me by our supplier!
4. Trimmed the gasket set to fit the valve covers.
5. Installed cam chain covers and cam covers using sealant in the right places to insure no oil leaks.
6. Installed distributors with some sealant to avoid leaks.
7. Checked carburator accelerator jets for clogs
8. Cleaned and installed intake manifolds.
9. Installed carbs.
10. Gapped and installed spark plugs
11. installed spark plug wire tubes and wires
12. Installed throttle linkage
13. Drained oil and installed oil filters.
The last few things that needed to be done was to get the fuel rail installed, add new oil and add coolant. I sent the fuel rail out for re-chroming and it should be back by next week, so we’re very close to firing up the engine. Francois wants some time to tune the carbs and check the timing of the engine, and I will want a couple of days to drive and check the car over before taking her down to Maryland for the party. It’s coming down to the wire, but I hope it all comes together!
MARK THE DATE: Saturday, May 2nd 2009
The Tomyang.net/ Radcliffe Motorcars Spring Event
12340 Owings Mills Boulevard
Reisterstown, Maryland 21136
Read about last year’s event.
Information on this year’s event.
Just a reminder, I’m looking for a new Vintage Ferrari Project. If you have, or know of a restoration project, please let me know. It would be great to restore another car on this website! My E-mail.
Previous Restoration Day
Next Restoration Day