4151: Finishing Tune Up

buttoned up

The valves were adjusted with the new lash caps, the tuned distributors, rebuilt carburetors, and and valve covers were installed on the GTE at the shop. The only thing left was to wait for the radiator to come back from the radiator shop so we can finish up.
incorrect nuts

As I put the carbs back on, François asked if these nuts were the ones that I took off of the car, and I confirmed these were the incorrect ones that I found holding the carbs in place.
correct nuts

The correct nuts would have been black oxide nuts measuring 12 mm across the flats, but François had some 13 mm nuts in a box of freshly plated hardware. Even though they were the wrong size, they looked a lot better on the carbs than the ones that were on the car. This is not a show car, but at least it’ll look closer to “right!”

Just a reminder, I’m looking for a new Vintage Ferrari Project. If you have, or know of a restoration project, please let me know. It would be great to restore another car on this website! My E-mail.

Previous Restoration Day
Next Restoration Day
Home page