2259: GTE details

hand stitch

I spent a little time hand stitching the parking brake cover, following the original holes made by the sewing machine about 50 years ago.
parking brake

After I installed the boot, I was very happy with the results. I had originally considered replacing this boot with new leather of similar color, but I can see saving the original leather was much more fitting to the rest of the car. A new boot would have stuck out with all the rest of the orignal leather.
driver's compartment

Speaking of preserving the original details, I finished preserving the steering wheel. Instead of stripping all the varnish off the wheel, I managed to clean the stained wood where the varnish had worn away and coat the steering wheel fresh coats of varnish.

Reminder: If you have a Ferrari related project, car, or idea you’d like to explore, I’d love to talk to you. I can also help if you’re thinking of buying or selling. This website represents what I love to do, and now it’s how I make a living, so if you’d like to do something together, let me know. It all begins with an e-mail!

Previous Restoration Day
Next Restoration Day
Home page