Post by t walgamuth »

My buyer is in no hurry.

Thanks again.

Tom
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421
t walgamuth

Post by t walgamuth »

We have signed and exchanged bill of sale and I am waiting for the initial payment to arrive by wire.

Tom W
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom,

So with your engine apart, and you in the middle of rebuilding the engine, are you just going to box the whole lot up and send it to the U.K.?

inquiring (nosy) minds want to know!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
t walgamuth

Post by t walgamuth »

Yep.

Thats how he wants it.

Apparently he has folks over there whom he wishes to do the work. He plans to keep the car pretty much as is cosmetically and just refurbish the mechanicals as needed and drive it.

Tom W
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421
t walgamuth

Post by t walgamuth »

I am bolting the largish pieces onto the engine block and bolting it into the chassis and the tranny to it. The other smaller pieces along with bagged parts with labels will be packed into boxes and into the trunk so it all can be shipped in one unit.

I will feel sorry to not have gotten the chance to get the car up and running but this opportunity to sell could not be passed up.

I might actually now think about buying one of those Betrone 308 2+2's. I would want to find one that is mechanically sound and cosmetically challenged and actually use it for autocrossing. I hear they are very very nice to drive.

Thanks to you, Tom and all who have been so helpful here.

Tom Walgamuth
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom,

I'm happy to hear about your sale, but also sad to hear the car go. I hope the new owner joins this forum and website so we can continue to look after this PF coupe.

How long did you own your car?

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
a1topdog

Post by a1topdog »

Check with the shipping Co that its OK to ship the parts in the car. Some shippers specifically state "No Parts" - and the last thing the buyer needs is for them to have been "lost" in transit.
t walgamuth

Post by t walgamuth »

tyang wrote:Hi Tom,

I'm happy to hear about your sale, but also sad to hear the car go. I hope the new owner joins this forum and website so we can continue to look after this PF coupe.

How long did you own your car?

Tom
about 15 years.

Tom W
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421
t walgamuth

Post by t walgamuth »

The car is completely assembled such as I am going to. Almost all of the parts are packed away in boxes with labels. I plan to send an inventory list of what is in each box for the buyer.

It is sad to think of her going away but nice to know the buyer seems to be a nice fellow with the right attitude about actually driving her. I also think he will be financially able to drive her without worrying if some thing goes wrong too.

I expect to finish everything today.

Tom W
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421
t walgamuth

Post by t walgamuth »

They picked her up today. The new owner is now a member here. I wish him the best. He has been a gentleman through out the transaction.

Tom W
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421