Multi Colored GTEs?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

T308

Multi Colored GTEs?

Post by T308 »

Anyone know if any GTEs were special ordered two colored (roof one color, body another)? Just curious.
Sleeper

Re: Multi Colored GTEs?

Post by Sleeper »

T308 wrote:Anyone know if any GTEs were special ordered two colored (roof one color, body another)? Just curious.
There are 8-10 PF coupe's sent out with two tone paint jobs. I don't know of any GTE's
kare

Re: Multi Colored GTEs?

Post by kare »

>There are 8-10 PF coupe's sent out with two tone paint jobs. I don't >know of any GTE's

I have notes of 32 confirmed 2-tone PF Coupes! 2-tone paint schemes seem to have been very unpopular in restorations.

I am not aware of any 2-tone GT/Es. Not definite though, production records of GT/E-series are not in circulation.

Best wishes, Kare
LARRY

Two tone GTEs

Post by LARRY »

There was a GTE on the San Francisco peninsula several years ago that had a silver roof over a black body. It was owned by Randy Hill at the time. He currently shows a very nice Lusso in local events. Have no idea where it is now.
rwills

Post by rwills »

My PF Coupe (1479GT) left the factory white with a turquoise roof! Officially Bianco Max Mayer with the roof in Verde-Azzurro. Sounds horrific!.

It was rosso chiaro when I bought it in 2001 and as I was not going for a concourse restoration I opted for gunmetal. I think it looks great.

Roger
1959 Ferrari 250GT PF Coupe 1479GT
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

[quote="rwills"]My PF Coupe (1479GT) left the factory white with a turquoise roof! Officially Bianco Max Mayer with the roof in Verde-Azzurro. Sounds horrific!.

It was rosso chiaro when I bought it in 2001 and as I was not going for a concourse restoration I opted for gunmetal. I think it looks great.

Roger[/quote]

Roger,

Actually, it looks spectacular in that color scheme of gray and creme interior. The carpet and the leather compliment each other perfectly. It is one of the most beautiful PF Coupes I've seen.

When a Ferrari is ordered in white and turquoise I can't help but to wonder who the first owner was and the country of origin--- like Juan Perone and his 212 of bright yellow and black.

The one here, the prototype, http://www.bostonsportscar.com/250gtpf.htm is like your color but this one ended up with a red interior.

john
PF Coupe