Carpet Availability?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

whturner

Carpet Availability?

Post by whturner »

My (largely original) Series 2 is in need of a drivers side carpet. The passenger side and rear carpets are way too good to replace. but the drivers side had been discarded when I bought it, replaced by a "Homemade" red substitute.
Does anyone make a good replacement? I want to keep the other 3 carpets to maintain as much originality as possible. Or else does anyone have the correct pattern so as to have one made?

Thanks
Warren
David Booth

Post by David Booth »

Since you have not included your car in your sig, we can't tell what kind of Series II you're inquiring about, and therefore can't offer any intelligent help. There are lots of cars in the Ferrari pantheon that have been designated as a second series of some model or other - I can think of four off the top of my head. Which one in particular are you asking about?
1960 SII PF cabriolet #2105GT
1963 250GTE #4799GT with 330 America engine #5033GT

"...Luigi follow only the Ferraris.."
whturner

Carpet availability. (drivers side only)

Post by whturner »

330 GT series II (2 Headlight) #10069

Sorry about that: Too many assumptions on my part. And by the way, what are the 4 different series IIs you can think of.

Cheers and Thanks
Warren
David Booth

Post by David Booth »

The four easy ones would be the 330 2+2, the 250 GTE, which came in three series, the 250 Cabriolet, and the 250 GTO. How 'bout it guys - what others can you name?
1960 SII PF cabriolet #2105GT
1963 250GTE #4799GT with 330 America engine #5033GT

"...Luigi follow only the Ferraris.."
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Some consider that there are different series of PF Coupe, 250 TdF, 500 Superfast, 410 Super America.
1967 330 GTC #9313
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Warren,

I've been away for a week, but am catching up with the site, so I'm returning to your original question.

You can contact Bill Hirsch for Wilton Wool carpet swatches to match your other carpets. You can either send him a swatch of your original carpet, or have them send you all their reds. There is also Witon I and Wilton II type carpets, but Hirsch's supply is always changing. They are also not the only people who sell Wilton type carpet, just the first that comes to mind.

You'll also have to match the binding material. Once you've collected all the parts, making a pattern is the easy part. I would make one out of craft paper so it fits flush with the other pieces, and work from there. To get everything sewn up, I'm sure we can find a competent shop to do the work.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
whturner

Carpet Availability:

Post by whturner »

Hi Tom:

I may have to go that route. I was hoping someone was making or had made one - and if so whether I could get one from the pre-existing pattern. (of course odds were long, but one can always hope - my wife gets a powerball ticket when it gets high enough too).
I haven't seen a good drivers side carpet on a late 330 GT to see what the rubber insert (there must have been one) looks like, the dimensions, or placement, so I suppose that might also need some research before fabrication. But maybe Ferrari did not really have a standardized carpet, so who would know.

Many Thanks
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069