exhaust system

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

mdempsey

Re: exhaust system

Post by mdempsey »

I went ansa on my 365 ft. Nos mufflers and new pipes frpmTS. He treated me great at l$2500 less than anyone else quoted. Can't beat the sound IMO. Email TS and see what he can do
PS he shipped same day without any money up front.
abrent

Re: exhaust system

Post by abrent »

3835 had an abarth system originally - but a new one of those could not be had for love or Money - as Kerry points out. 3835 is a GTE.

I got my Ansa system from Steve Tillack - call him in Redondo as he may still have some bits sitting about. Pricing at the time was the same as Stebro so it was a no-brainer. That was 2002.

Regards,

Andrew.
abrent

Re:

Post by abrent »

afwrench wrote:It is not my intent to anger the Ferrari Gods but has anyone seen or had any experience with a custom setup from a good shop like the hot rod guys do . Stainless pipes and Flowmaster or similar mufflers. For someone not concerned about originality it might be an option. Please dont tar and feather me for this thought.
Yes - had a Flowmaster system before I bought the ANSA. Worked fine, but the can's hit the ground reasonably often even though they were tucked up as best as they could be in the back of the car. The lowest profile Flowmaster is still about an inch thicker than the center ANSA can. Bit Loud. Not the same sound as ANSA. Possibly the wrong backpressure as well.
But SB andrew has a non-custom system already - he want's to change that. Ironically - for judging points and so on - Abarth is the right one but they let you get away with ANSA. Not sure why this is.

Regards,

Andrew.