My new 330 GTC! Sort of...

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

robsandiego

My new 330 GTC! Sort of...

Post by robsandiego »

Gentlemen
Now that summer is here I feel I can no longer hide the truth and must confesss to my having purchased 330 GTC #9055 last November. More posts will follow now that I have time to address a few issues.

I had been on the hunt for a 330 2+2, series II for nearly two years. In the end I'm glad I took that long because I really liked the GTC but didn't think I "needed" the GTC. Since no decent 2+2's came up I started looking at GTC's and well, you now know how it turned out.

It was owned locally here in San Diego by Joel Benatar and the deal was brokered thru Gary Bobileff. I count myself as fortunate because I was almost going to go to Holland to look at two there and here this one was right under my nose. And, as some of you may already know from his posts, Joel had the engine rebuilt within the last two years or so and it runs quite well.

I've been to Crystal Cove and one or two other events( a visit to Tom Shaughnessy, yes, that counts as an event) and look forward to Concorso in August, with the car.

The pic is from CC around May sometime.
Rob
330 GTC #9055
robsandiego

Post by robsandiego »

Oops, here's the pic.

John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Rob,

Nice car. Congrats.

California coastal fog makes for a nice backdrop.

john
PF Coupe
lukek

Post by lukek »

Your confession was fine. Your penance is 2 cases of Castrol 20W50.
Look forward to meeting you at the Concorso (look for a silver GTE with Polish plates and baby seats).
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Rob,

Congratulations! The car looks great. Joel used to have pictures posted to the owner's gallery, and I was wondering what happened to his GTC!

This site has been around long enough now to see cars change hands among members!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053