old and new

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

jsa3

Post by jsa3 »

Any similar "statistics" on 330 2+2's?
Rob328gts

Post by Rob328gts »

Funny we were just talking about this. My regional president asked me if I had any feedback or questions for nationals when they have a directors meeting in March. It will be awhile before a response, but I thought I would share my comments...

"There seems to be some justified concerns with the membership fees. I know they’ve been this high for awhile, but I think we’re missing many potential new members. Potential members are asking valid questions about the high fees…

Where does our money go? Aren’t most leadership positions volunteer? Shouldn’t the newsletters and Prancing Horse be fairly low cost or self sufficient with the advertising? Shouldn’t the national meet be self sufficient? Most, if not all event costs are absorbed by the members at the event out of pocket. So I think it’s fair to ask nationals for a breakdown of the annual fee. I mean it has to be going somewhere, but other members and I don’t know where. I think the more that money can stay local, the better.

Let me know if my concern isn’t justified, I’m just trying to be a voice for the membership.

Thanks,
rob"
tyang

Post by tyang »

Rob:
I'd be very curious what the response is to your questions about cost!

Andrew:
I think if that is the probable breakdown of GTEs in the world, I would be safe to say that my 330 America is one of two or three that are currently registered, and driveable!

Tom
El Wayne

Post by El Wayne »

Tom, I don't think it's such a matter of how many are still driveable. It's more a matter of how many 250GTE/330 Americas are still 250GTEs and 330 Americas as opposed to having become SWB/GTO/TR replicas!
Yale

Post by Yale »

Funny you folks are discussing this now. I just last week went through Kerry's database on the four headlight cars and found about a 100 of the 400 or so Series 1's and Interums have been either turned into GTO's (mostly), or the the like, or parted out. And since parted out may mean turned into GTO's (or the like), I mention those two together. However, it broke down pretty much in half as to how many became more erotic exotics and how many ended up as toasted ponies.

I would think quite a high percentage of the cars missing from Kerry's site have rejoined the earth. I saw a four headlight out behind Classic Coach in New Jersey in a full on rusted state, having been left out there for ten years!!! Of course the serial number was "in the office somewhere" so don't even know which car that was.

Best, Yale
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

A quick perusal of the owners gallery shows 42 owners, 12 of which have 250 GTE's, 10 of which have 330 GTE's and of course, Tom's America. Of these, I believe that mine is the only one not currently roadworthy (Now that Tom's is back on the road!) and I think the rest are driven fairly regularly. In addition, there are 152 people registered on this site. Tom, any idea of how many have GTE's?

I am at my office, so do not have the GTE Register at hand, but it also has a list of known 250 GTE conversions and destructions. However, still quite a few are unknown.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom (Wilson),

I have no idea how many registered users on this forum have GTEs. I do know that you rarely see ANY on the road. I can count on one hand how many I know are roadworthy in the NYC area!

Tom
abrent

Post by abrent »

Hi Tom W,

Ahemm,,, Unfortunatly my car is not currently roadworthy at the moment either. Grandma is over at Carle Rheinbergers place for the "empty the wallet" ceremony. Hopefully, back in about 6 months with new paint and bodywork so I could possibly be driving again this year..... We Shall see.

Bye.