Spark Plugs

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Brettski,

That's interesting to hear another person say that something has changed with Champions. I've heard that the Champion plugs are no longer made in the same factory, which is why the quality has suffered, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Go ahead and start with the BP6ES. They should work well. I chose BPR6ES, which are the same thing but are resistor plugs. The resistor spark plugs prevent electrical interference with your radio or other electric components in your car. There's no loss in performance with the resistor plugs.

--Mattski
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9453
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

By the way, Bret, your current Champion RN7YC are resistor plugs.
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9453
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

I remember being hesitant to try the NGK plugs when I first tried them in the early seventies in my air cooled Fiat 500. That was my daily driver back then and every ounce of power counted in that motor (22 HP). I was pleasantly surprised by how well the plugs performed and how reliable they were. I have been using them ever since in all my cars and have never been disappointed. I would highly recommend them. I have also tried the iridium tip NGK plugs in my E-type with good results. Those plugs are quite expensive, however.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
brettski

Post by brettski »

thanks for the responses guys and i will pick up some ngk's this weekend.

p.s. nice on the 'mattski' there matt !