Monterey 2005

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

There isn't much there anymore in the way of vintage Ferraris. However, if you like to see the same Lamborghini M'lago or Ferrari Modena in 31 different colors...

I guess we'll be there one more time anyway.

john
PF Coupe
klv

Monterey 2005

Post by klv »

[quote="Yale"]There is the perennial Ball of the Two Tom's. Not to be missed, with dinning and dancing amongst the four seated brethren. Become an official member of the Order of the Back Seat, or the + 2 Brigade]

Dear V12-ers: For the first time, we are travelling from Australia to Monterey in August 2005 for the italian automotive frenzy at Pebble Beach, Laguna Seca, et al. It would be so lovely to meet up with some other V12 people, especially 2+2 people!

So: What do we need to do (apart from surreptitiously learning the Sign of the Four, of course!) to attend the fascinating-sounding Ball of the Two Toms? If we can get some guidance (via PM, if appropriate) it would be much appreciated. Needless to say, we are looking forward to the car-frenzy with childish excitement :-)

Many thanks,

Kelly La Velle (1968 365GT 2+2 s/n 12009)
Andrew Stevens (1970 Alfa Romeo 1750GTV)
330GT

Post by 330GT »

Hi Kelly and Andrew,

All you need to do is show up at the aformentioned place and time on Thursday the 18th. I'll be there, but sadly without my 330 2+2. I can fly for less than the cost of driving.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
Keith Milne

Post by Keith Milne »

According to the Quail organizers, there will be a group dedicated to vintage Ferraris this year. The theme is the Carrera Panamericana. I have shown my AC Bristol race car there the past two years, and will have a couple of my racing motorcycles there this year. It really is a nice event and worth attending if you don't want to deal with the CI mess.
tyang

Post by tyang »

So: What do we need to do (apart from surreptitiously learning the Sign of the Four, of course!) to attend the fascinating-sounding Ball of the Two Toms? If we can get some guidance (via PM, if appropriate) it would be much appreciated. Needless to say, we are looking forward to the car-frenzy with childish excitement :-)
Like Kerry said, show up on Thursday afternoon at around 6pm, and we'll be there! It's the Mariposa motel on Munras. I'll post details shortly.

It very well could be the largest collection of 2+2 owners at any given time!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
David Hodge

Post by David Hodge »

may the neophyte, wannabe fringe attend? i'm staying down the street. no hazing, right?
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

Kelly - It will be nice to meet you! Too bad you're not brining 'Giancarlo' with you. For those of you who have not seen it, there are pictures of Kelly flogging her 365GT2+2 thru an autocross type of course in Australia somewhere on barchetta.cc.
1968 365 GT 2+2
s/n 11199
1955 s.II 500 Mondial
s/n 0556(0446)MD
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale
tyang

Post by tyang »

may the neophyte, wannabe fringe attend? i'm staying down the street. no hazing, right?
This party welcomes everyone, owner or not. Just bring your enthusiasm, and maybe something to drink or eat! And since Andrew Brent isn't coming, you won't have to take part in any drinking matches.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

For anyone going to Quail, I'll add this helpful tip - make sure you eat a light breakfast and save your appetite for the Quail lunch, which is included in your ticket. If the "all-you-can-eat-and-drink" food and alcohol stations are as good as they were last year, you won't be spending as much time looking at the cars as you will stuffing your face.
David Hodge

concorso or quail?

Post by David Hodge »

drinking matches or not, i'm bringing beer, any requests? is there a concensus: concorso or quail?
Yale

Post by Yale »

It's OK Tom S. These are your friends here at the Sign of the Four seater brigade. No bottom of the Totem pole lists exists in our world. We know you have been scarred by the turned up noses of those who read and take seriously Sheehans absurdist articles on best Ferrari to buy over a mill. But here on our little, (but quite roomy) world we love you for who you are, no matter how many of our beloved you have dissected, no matter how many needed parts you have yet to dig out for us or no matter how many "drop that wrench and move away from the car" retorts we have heard from you. These are the family Ferrari people and you are part of our family.

Yale
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
klv

Monterey 2005

Post by klv »

330GT wrote:Hi Kelly and Andrew,

All you need to do is show up at the aformentioned place and time on Thursday the 18th. I'll be there, but sadly without my 330 2+2. I can fly for less than the cost of driving.
That's wonderful. We shall be there! It will be fabulous to meet up with so many other 2+2 owners, and hopefully it won't be too terrible to be V12-less at the time. Whilst we are away on hols, GianCarlo the 365GT is staying home, having his suspension bushes replaced and various other bits and pieces sorted.

With regard to Quail Lodge - we already have tickets to Concorso Italiano and we are catching up with Alfa people late afternoon; is it feasable to have a good look around at Quail Lodge on the same day or is it just too ambitious? Anyone bought tickets at the gate at Quail or is it all pre-purchase only?

Speaking of tickets, anyone had trouble with Pebble Beach tickets? We haven't received ours in the post yet and worryingly, they aren't answering my emails asking when the tickets were sent. Are they a bit tardy with their ticket despatch perhaps? Anyone else had trouble?

thanks for the info everyone!

Kelly La Velle
1968 365GT 2+2 s/n 12009: GianCarlo
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Well, this stinks!

I was looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone, but have had to cancel my trip due to business issues. I hope everyone has a great time and hopefully I'll be able to join next year.

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

I'm going to to work at making it in '06.
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
lukek

Post by lukek »

Vintage Ferraris were quite scarce at Concorso this year.....Despite the improvement in traffic I will probably try the Quail next year. Does anyone know the organizers, the vintage racers who used to throw a party in the hangar? Keith? Perhaps you can convince them to have the vintage 2+2s as one of the themes next year? (I am joking)
It was nice to chat with everyone and I enjoyed meeting new GTE owners, too !
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.