Blown Fuses

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Blown Fuses

Post by tyang »

Hello All,

On my most recent post, 9/26/05, I found my parking lights blowing its fuse. When I replaced it with another fuse, the lights would function normally, but after a short drive, the fuse would blow again. I suspect there is something making ground, like a worn wire, or a bad light, but was wondering if anyone has a trick in finding a short like this? Thanks!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Been a awhile since I have had to track one of these down but try running the lights with one or more bulbs out to help isolate if it is a lamp or the wires to that bulb . You probably thought of or have done this already. Good luck.
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
josh

Post by josh »

Do you have a wiring diagram? If anything else other than the lights is on that circuit, you could try to isolate them.. then probalby focus on areas where the wires pass through a bulkhead and could rub on metal.. if you can't find anything visually, it may be a pain to find the short :(

--Josh
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/
Jimmyr

Post by Jimmyr »

If the parking lights are blowing fuses it is most likely in a socket. Try removing the socket assemblies and look for burned or corroded sockets. Also check the rear license plate light socket. Clean and reassemble and check the if it has cured the problem. Use some silicone grease in the sockets around the bulb bases to help prevent corrosion. Pull up the trunk carpet or mat and check out the wiring along the back end of the trunk for insulators or connectors that might have moved exposing wires. Jim
tyang

Post by tyang »

Thanks guys,

I guess I just have to methodically check all the usual suspects!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053