Surviror - The Vintage Ferrari V 12 Game

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Michael Bayer

Surviror - The Vintage Ferrari V 12 Game

Post by Michael Bayer »

In an earlier topic, Andrew raised an interesting question: starting from the known production numbers, what is this group's best estimate of how many of each of our beloved series cars (330GT Series I, 330 Americas, 330GT Series II, GTEs etc) have survived in tact, of those how many are in the US, of those how many are driven? It would seem to me, based upon his posted GTE survivor totals, my personal notions about their scarcity and therefore their value (albeit to vintage 24 valve fans) is significantly altered. Any thoughts? Michael Bayer
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Michael,

Scarcity is one thing, value is another. The car market has always used original production numbers to base its valuation, mainly because it's almost impossible to prove what is still around.

The 2+2s probably have an even lower survival rate than their two-seat sisters when you consider they were often used as "family cars" when new, and neglected when their values dropped. You also don't cut up a Lusso to make a SWB when a 2+2 can be had at 1/4 the price.

The other sad thing is I still find 2+2s being cut up! In the last two years, I saw a 330 America, and a GTE split up!

Us owners of these 2+2 need to preserve what's left, and share the knowledge that these cars are great in their original form!

Tom
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Tom: Preserve them truely, but in the way they were intended, by driving them! Michael Bayer
Greg Brendel

Post by Greg Brendel »

My 250 PF Coupe is in Norwood's shop in Dallas and Bob Norwood commented that it was a great survivor. He said he personally chopped up 7 PF coupes for various creations. Makes you wonder how many are really left. BTW, the clutch is $1,900 and estimated 16 hour labor. Greg Brendel
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forum.

Speaking of PF coupes, for those who didn't see, John Vardanian sent in pictures of his most recent aquisition for the owner's gallery.

http://www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari.htm ... anian2.htm

Tom
Douglas Hunt

Post by Douglas Hunt »

what can one say,but that it IS simply beautiful!!!

fantastic car john!!!

douglas hunt
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

I had a nice chat w/ Kurt Vandenburg a few weeks ago re: 250 PF Coupes. Kurt, the keeper of the PF Coupe register, estimates that there are probably only 175 to 200 left of the 353 made. A few dozen more chop jobs and they'll be as rare as Lussos.

Bryan

p.s. John V. didn't even send you the most spectacular pic of his car. John, send Tom the 'fog' shot!