Tom Yang on the barbie

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Post by tyang »

Coincidentally, Michael's house is built next to a dam, and I hope everything survived the rains!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Yale

Post by Yale »

It rained for two weeks but now it is beautiful. Even the dark clouds of four seat vultures could not impinge on this occasion. Best, Yale
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
Michael Greenspan

Post by Michael Greenspan »

Can't post a picture, but the dam is in full flow - about 200 feet of spillway . Yesterday morning it was a torrent, today just a heavy flow. No water on the driveway or roads (nor in the basement) - so have no fears and leave the Galoshes at home.

As to the party turnout, I now know of at least three wives planning to show and I am guessing at about 30 people. Yale's odds on the number of Ferraris showing is still on the board (and of course the host's car will not show since it is having the interior redone). See you all next Sunday at around noon.

Michael
330 America 4969
tyang

Post by tyang »

I count 11 Ferraris, and a couple of other neat cars coming. I heard Francois may come, and I'm going to see if I can get Frank Segreto to come as well. I'm not going to list which Ferraris are coming, but if they all come, it will be a nice mix of cars.

I'm glad to hear your house is dry Michael. With as much a 7 inches of rain on some days, I'm sure it was a relief to be over!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Jim Wickstead

It's the Barbie for Tom

Post by Jim Wickstead »

With some luck, I may be able to coax 3113 up the coast. Be warned, it's only a 250 series.

Jim W.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Jim,
Be warned, it's only a 250 series.
I don't think anyone will mind having your car at ANY event considering it's one of the most desired Ferraris ever made!

Anyone want to guess what car Jim owns besides the GTC founnd on the owner's gallery?

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
T308

Post by T308 »

tyang wrote:Hi Jim,
Be warned, it's only a 250 series.
I don't think anyone will mind having your car at ANY event considering it's one of the most desired Ferraris ever made!

Anyone want to guess what car Jim owns besides the GTC founnd on the owner's gallery?

Tom
Based on the s/n a Lusso!
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Jim,

Very nice car! Why no front bumpers?

Tom,

I cheated and found a picture of Jim's car but I will not give it away.

Also, it looked like my car was down and out for the party as I ran into electrical gremlins as a result of extensive windshield wiper testing during this past week's rains. Fortunately, I got it sorted today (I lost some skin, so it counts as a legitimate repair effort). The car ran great on a 60 mile shakedown run this afternoon!

By the way, the new wipers work great!

See you all next Sunday,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

T308,

It's not what we normally think of as a Lusso.

Regards,

Art S.
T308

Post by T308 »

Art S. wrote:T308,

It's not what we normally think of as a Lusso.

Regards,

Art S.
A Lusso SWB that is....

T308
Jim Wickstead

Post by Jim Wickstead »

Art,

No rear bumper either. All are in original chrome, wrapped up and ready to be installed. But after 12 years of on and off labor, I really can't quite bring myself to finish it.

Jim W.
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Jim,

Define finished... It looks nice and I bet it drives great - it's finished. Unless you are showing it, everything else is gravy.

Mine isn't particularly shiny, with its original leather, original paint and bad floors, but it drives great and I can park it on the street, including in New York, without problems. I must admit, I will probobly have some work done on the floors this winter, but I am going to try to avoid the 'while we're at it' sindrome.

Regards,

Art S.

PS. Tom, this post does not apply to you, we are expecting you to finish every last piece on your America ;)
Jim Wickstead

Post by Jim Wickstead »

Art,

I have heard that kangaroo hide puts a fantastic polish on aluminum. Should we tell Tom?

Jim W.
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Jim,

:)

Actually, I looked at Kerry's site and found a RHD 330 stored in Ohio, it would make a great going away present for Tom and he wouldn't have rent a car...

Regards,

Art S.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Gentlemen, I have spoken to the woman of my house and have laid down the law.

I said: “Woman, I am going to Tom Yang’s gathering in Connecticut this Sunday and that is all there is to it.”

She replied with scorn: “Ok”

Me: “I said, I am going to Connecticut this weekend and that is all there is to it”

She replied: “Why don’t you stay at my best friend’s house in Westport?”

I shot back: “Westport!!! Don’t you realize that Michael has refused to move his house to Westport??? The gathering shall be in Westbrook!”

She replied wryly: “Couldn’t you rent a car and drive to Westbrook?”

I yelled: “Rent a car??? Many have tried to rent the 360 and many have failed!”

She said: “Why don’t you just finish the GTE and take it to the gathering?”

I said: “Finish the GTE??? Complete the job after four years of futzing around, just so the ghoul of San Clemente can scavenge her bones?”

She quipped: “What about renting a Taurus?”

I said “I’ll talk to Sr. Hertz about the Taurus, but I will attend the gathering of the clan”.

She said: “Go to the gathering in Connecticut you must, but I shall then attend the gathering of the faithful in Rome next month with my friend Susan.”

I shot back triumphantly “Ok!”.

Guys, do you have room for one more???
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com