Tom Yang on the barbie

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Hey Yale - Thanks for the offer of entertainment on Saturday, but I will not arrive until 5:00 and will then proceed to Westport where I will be staying with friends. I will head up to Westbrook on Sunday morning in a vehicle that I will be ashamed to park in Michael's driveway. I'm looking forward to meeting you and Kerry(my eBay nemesis), along with all those other folks I feel I know, even though we have never met!
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
Yale

Post by Yale »

Keith,

You are really going to be so close and not come? Rearrange your plans. NY is 1 1/2 hour train ride or only $15 on a Chinatown bus, (my parents do this all the time.) Yale
Ex - 1964 330GT #6097
1963 Abarth Monomille
1970 Porsche 911S
1974 BMW 2002turbo
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Tom and all: I must scratch, have a work obligation that won't enable me to join you today. However, my gift for Tom and all the terrific guys I have met on this site is in hand. I had a special hat made for the occasion, Tom said he expected 20 owners to attend. So for the first 20 12 cylinder guys that showed to Tom's going away party, I will need your addresses so I can send you your hat! (better yet if someone at the party makes a list). Have a great party, perhaps there will be repeat when Tom returns! Michael Bayer 330GT #9727, 365 GTC/4 #14947
josh

Post by josh »

Hope everyone had / is having a good time! I wish I could have made it, but i'm on the wrong coast at the moment :)

--Josh
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/
Michael Greenspan

Post by Michael Greenspan »

The party is over the Ferraris and other assorted vehicles are gone but the memories will remain for a long, long time. For those who couldn't make it, I am sure there will be a post of many pictures but you missed a really great day. My thanks to everyone for coming. It was a great pleasure and an honor to be able to have the group visit us. It also wasn't too bad to see the lineup in our driveway and on our lawn.

Michael
330 America 4969
sam231

Post by sam231 »

Michael & Dorie thank you very much! The food, the scenery, the camraderie, the cars....What could make for a more wonderful time!

Tom, it was a honor to meet you and your friends. I wish you and your family the best of luck in your new adventure. Pictures to come.
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

I drove 2.5 hours to get to my house in the Ferrari last night, and another 2 hours to drive back to NYC, but man it was worth it! I want to thank Michael, Dori, and their son Joshua for for having us at their house for the first tomyang.net East Coast Party! The food, the house, the friends, the cars, and even the weather was perfect for this party! Thanks to everyone for for coming out, and I look forward to hosting next year's at my house when I get back from my trip!

Thanks to Parker Hall for the Pulled Pork BBQ and the Kilimanjaro Designs catalogs. Thanks to Tom Wilson for the CDs he made of the vintage magazine articles. Thanks to Tom Shaughnessy, I think, for the T-shirts! The soft cotton material will shine my "donor car" quite nicely once I turn the shirt inside out! ;-)

I'll get pictures and story up as soon as I can, but if you didn't make it, maybe you try next year because it was one to remember!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Wow! What a treat to put faces to many of the names on this site. Dorie and Michael are the most gracious of hosts . I have always felt that as a group car folks are among the nicest to be around and Sunday was no exception. Great cars ,great food , great weather, great setting, and Frank brought me my seats ,whats not to like . Looking foward to #2. Regards to all I met, and to those unable to attend, perhaps next year.
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB