Vintage Ferrari Guides Now Available !

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

lukek

Post by lukek »

I feel left out. Nobody criticized my contribution to the GTE guide...???! I am sure I took considerable liberties....
:)
Seriously, thank you, William and Tom, for the opportunity to contribute.
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
williamtaylor

Post by williamtaylor »

Luke, Thanks for all your help. It has been a fun project.
330GT

Post by 330GT »

Just a note.

Evidently the Vintage Buyer's Guides now require a paid subscription to the Ferrari Forum.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
williamtaylor

Post by williamtaylor »

All the Buyers Guides (Modern and Vintage) on Ferrari Forum are in the members section and always have been. This is the way Andrew has Ferrari Forum/FerrariLife set up and he uses the $20 Members fee to cover the sites operating costs.

For several months the Vintage Guides were also posted on Ferrari Forum for general (free) downloading. All new/updated Vintage Guides will also be made available for free on Ferrari Forum for several months.

Originally we hoped that we would also be able to permanently post all the Guides here but it has not happened yet. In the interim, the guides can be downloaded from the following gmail account:

www.gmail.com
username: FerrariVintage
Password: guides

or alternatively send me a PM or email and I will email the guides directly.
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

I have a suggestion for a contribution - perhaps include a few paragraphs on the chassis stamp, both engine numbers (if available), and the chassis plate, and how they are inter-related? I didn't see a reference to this in the two guides I read.

Just a thought. Keep up the great work!
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Bill: If you want to ever add a GTC/4 to these terrific Guides, you are welcome to use mine for the driving impressions etc, it is in Georgetown, DC, 3 miles from Union Station, 2 miles from Reagan National Airport. Michael Bayer
Sean Bramhall

Post by Sean Bramhall »

Just down loaded it very easy and a great read many thanks for all your hard work
How many Ferrari's do you have to collect to be a collector 64 330GT (6155), 90 Testerossa, Austin Healy 100-6 911 964RS a merc SL280,SL500 pagoda Morgan plus 4 Bentley S3 and Brooklands oh Wife say's I've got MAD CAR Dieseeeeeee
tyang

Post by tyang »

Bill: If you want to ever add a GTC/4 to these terrific Guides, you are welcome to use mine for the driving impressions etc, it is in Georgetown, DC, 3 miles from Union Station, 2 miles from Reagan National Airport. Michael Bayer
Michael sent me a new owener's gallery entry for his GTC4, but I've been lax in posting it. I promise to get on is asap, and try to find a place for the buyer's guides on this site.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Enzo250GTO

Post by Enzo250GTO »

The guides are available as free downloads here:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/classified/vintage.php

Please do not confuse the login with being a member with being a paid "subscriber". Creating an account (becoming a member) is free and the account creation is exactly the same as here on TomYang.net. In order to save bandwidth and my wallet from being raided by the hosting company I do this as a measure to ensure the people really want it.

The modern guides are for subscribers as well as "The Ferrari Report" our quarterly publication which is being released in January.
williamtaylor

Post by williamtaylor »

Michael Bayer wrote:Bill: If you want to ever add a GTC/4 to these terrific Guides, you are welcome to use mine for the driving impressions etc, it is in Georgetown, DC, 3 miles from Union Station, 2 miles from Reagan National Airport. Michael Bayer
Michael, Thank you for the offer. The 365 GTC/4 will be the next guide we start working on, probably in late January. We are just finishing up the Daytona Guide and an expanded 330 GT guide now. Regards, William
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Happy to assist, if you need it, you also should include the story of how Enzo was talked into painting the front bumpers on the GTC/4s if the production ran one more year into '73. Michael Bayer
tyang

Post by tyang »

I just posted the story and pictures of Michael's car to the owner's section of this website. It can also be found here:
http://www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari.htm ... bayer2.htm
Enjoy.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053