Ferrari 330 GTC Project

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

EnriqueLanda

Ferrari 330 GTC Project

Post by EnriqueLanda »

I have a new project on my hands. My GTC is currently being repainted and having its interior redone at Symbolic Motors. I therefore have hours a week where I don't spend on the Ferrari. So I put myself on another project, deciding that the best use of my time until I get the car back. So instead of working on the car I thought that I would write a book all about the GTC.
I have experience in history, having done history at school and speaking speak Italian that I thought it would be a good project for the next couple years.
I want to model this book on Kurt Miska's book on the Lusso. Ideally, I will have a full description on the model, its development, the engine, styling, etc.
I will then have a section on buying, owning and restoring a GTC. Giving an insight into the process and the pitfalls of this particular model.
Finally, I want to do an accounting of all six hundred production 330 GTCs with a small section on the variants 365 GTCs and both the 330 and 365 GTS. I'm actually not sure on that.
Well, what I am doing in mentioning this to you all would be as follows... I am compiling a bibliography for my research and I was wondering what books you recommend I read and look over so that I have a good foundation for my research. Please either post them or email them to me directly (landa@pacbell.net). If you have any literature about the GTC, brochure, reviews, pictures or other documents, please let me know as they will be very helpful in my research.
Second, if any you have a GTC woudl you email me and give me some details about your car. I will of course protect your privacy. I am looking for the SN, the color (present and original), milage, equipment, history and present condition. I would also like a photograph of the car so that I can have these as a reference for the book.
In the near future I will begin posting the information I find on a website I will put together in the next couple weeks, again to those who contribute information I will protect your privacy.
I am really looking forward to this project and I have received a lot of information that I will keep you posted on in the next couple weeks.

I look forward to hearing from all of you, and I thank you for your help in this project.

Happy motoring for those who have their cars.

Best,

Enrique Landa
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Enrique,

Good luck on your endeavour! Working on my own bok project, I know it's not as easy as it seems!!!

I can also help by noting some of the GTC details that come into Francois' shop. I can think of at least 6 that he works on from time to time.

Tom