365GT Doorhandles

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

klv

365GT Doorhandles

Post by klv »

G'day from downunder everyone!
Carrying on the ongoing improvements on the 365GT here and we wanted to confirm if the external doorhandles on the car are really interchangeable with those on kamm-tailled 105 series Alfa Spiders? I did a search on the archives, but couldn't find it discussed. We want to make sure before we go shopping!
Hope Tom & family are having fun over in New Zealand now.

Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
zac

Post by zac »

hi Kelly,

they are interchangeable but the Alfa replacement ones have a slightly different lock assembly on the inside that needs to be changed out. Also if you are worried about absolute correctness the inside of the handle in the dished area should be dull nickel or painted dull silver instead of bright chrome.

Zac
1970 365 gt 2+2 13137, 1997 550 Maranello, 1969 Lamborghini Miura S, 1973 365 GTB/4 Daytona
klv

Post by klv »

Thanks Zac
I don't think we'll be too worried about the finish. It's not really a concours car! Thanks for the tip about the lock mechanism too. We'll go shopping for some doorhandles now. Australian prices are rather silly on them, so I guess we'll try a US or UK source.

Cheers

Andrew Stevens & Kelly La Velle
zac

Post by zac »

Hi Kelly,

when I replied before I could not remember the mail order company that had the door handles, but I received a new catalog today so here is there website. www.international-auto.com

the part numbers for the door handles are

93534 drivers side

93533 passenger side

they also have the plastic gasket for under the handle

zac
1970 365 gt 2+2 13137, 1997 550 Maranello, 1969 Lamborghini Miura S, 1973 365 GTB/4 Daytona
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

Originally posted by zac:
they also have the plastic gasket for under the handle
Zac,
Since 1985, my 365 T 2+2 has never had the rubber gaskets under the handles. They are neither shown nor listed in my Pininfarina parts catalog. I assumed they were only for the other Italian cars.
Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
jcollingridge

365GT door handle interchange

Post by jcollingridge »

I believe the Ferrari 365GT outer door handle is a match to my Maserat Khamsin handle. I picked up some Alpha door handles a few years back in a wrecking yard assuming that they would fit my car, but, although they appeared identical at first glance, they were shorter. Obviously created by the same designer, but not a fit. A year by year search of the Altha cars may in fact produce the propper handle as a lot of handles, mirrors, ignition and switch parts were interchangeable between Italian makes. PS I am scanning my mail on a daily basis hopin to find a lead from this knowledgeable forum on a quality Ferrari 250 or 330 GT 2+2 car. Jim <jcollingridge@tru.ca>
Jim Collingridge
Kamloops, B.C., Canada
<jcollingridge@tru.ca>