365gt2+2 with a 250gt hood scoop?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

gino

365gt2+2 with a 250gt hood scoop?

Post by gino »

First off, I would like to applaude all of you for you extensive knowledge and abilities. Hopefully with your help, I to will be able to realize my littleboys dream. I am researching the 365gt2+2 and read some where that some owners had once installed "hood scoops" similar to that of the 250gt's, however I was not able to find any photo's. I would be very gratefull if someone could send me some, as well as photos of this famous sun roof option that came on some 365's.

I live in Catania, Sicily, Italy and have found a few examples throghout europe ranging from 35k to 45k that are nice but require a little "TLC".

Thank you
gino
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Gino,

Welcome to my site. There are a couple of 356GT 2+2 owners that are very knowledgeable on these cars, and I'm sure they will help if they know of cars with hood scoops. In the 60s, the Ferrari Factory would do anything the customer wanted for a price, so I wouldn't be surprised about the scoop.

Good luck in your search for 365.

Tom
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

Gino - I have never seen a 365GT2+2 with the 250-type air scoop on the hood. Nor have I seen any notations in Hilary Raab's serial number book indicating such a custom feature. Sometime in 1969, the design of the air filter box on top of the carbs changed and became a cold-air type with a large hose running from the filter box to the front grille, so a hood scoop would have been irrelevant. Zac (on this site) has seen more of these cars than I - he might have seen such a thing . . .

Bryan
s/n 11199
El Wayne

Post by El Wayne »

I've never seen one either and have never read any reference to it. Where did you read this?
Bernard Fahimian

365GT 2+2 hood scoops

Post by Bernard Fahimian »

In Oct 98 issue of FML ther was advertized a white 365GT 2+2 Euro prod. with " factory hood scoops " I have seen this car at the Cocorso Italiano. Another 365GT 2+2 in FML with two seats similar to " superfast " was also advertized. My own car came with Fly Yellow and steel sunroof from the factory. There were variations on these cars and the Ferrari Factory did make some customization at that time. Bernard