Welcome Home Tom Y.

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

treue

Post by treue »

Tom Y,

Welcome home. I read every one of your reports. Made for a very interesting story and a welcome part of my day. You could always get into travelogs like Rick Steves or Rudy Maxa. Seriously, do you have a resume we could see? Are you locked-in to the NYC area?

Tom
Tom Treue
67 330GT 2+2, No. 9129 (former owner)
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Tom,

MY FAVORITE SNIPER is a spin-off of MY FAVORITE MARTIAN where, as if by magic, things just disappear at the very last minute.....

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
lukek

Post by lukek »

Welcome back, Tom !
I am always jealous of people who have the courage to put all the daily grind crap on hold and take a sabhatical. Even if your daughter will not remember the trip in the long run she and the family will have benefitted in a huge way !
I was months away from a paid one at Netscape way back when, but another opportunity lured me away.

Send a note if you are considering high tech as a career change, software in particular. Lots of gearheads, good hours, considerable job security (despite outsourcing) and nice fringe benefits like travel, free food, and heated swimming pools.

And if it takes a little time to look, consider killing some time by writing that Ferrari resto book. Self publishing has really taken off and you just need to reformat the content from the web site, right? Get a 1000 of them done, list them on amazon, and you are the man..
:)
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Welcome home Tom! Great fun reading about your adventures.Enough about all this job search stuff ,finish the grille a post a picture! Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
tyang

Post by tyang »

Welcome back, Tom !
I am always jealous of people who have the courage to put all the daily grind crap on hold and take a sabhatical. Even if your daughter will not remember the trip in the long run she and the family will have benefitted in a huge way !
I was months away from a paid one at Netscape way back when, but another opportunity lured me away.

Send a note if you are considering high tech as a career change, software in particular. Lots of gearheads, good hours, considerable job security (despite outsourcing) and nice fringe benefits like travel, free food, and heated swimming pools.

And if it takes a little time to look, consider killing some time by writing that Ferrari resto book. Self publishing has really taken off and you just need to reformat the content from the web site, right? Get a 1000 of them done, list them on amazon, and you are the man..
Thanks to everyone with job ideas. I really want to give this next chapter of my life some time to explore the possibilities, so I love hearing them! I do want to publish a book about the 330 America Restoration, and will seriously work on getting it done once I'm settled. I first have to figure out how to get high speed internet at the house! (no DSL or Cable so I'm looking into getting the cables run, or getting satellite) I also want to focus on this website and build the parts that I haven't had the time because of my previous day-job!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
sam231

Post by sam231 »

Thanks to everyone with job ideas. I really want to give this next chapter of my life some time to explore the possibilities, so I love hearing them! I do want to publish a book about the 330 America Restoration, and will seriously work on getting it done once I'm settled. I first have to figure out how to get high speed internet at the house! (no DSL or Cable so I'm looking into getting the cables run, or getting satellite) I also want to focus on this website and build the parts that I haven't had the time because of my previous day-job!

Tom[/quote]

Tom,

Don't know, but maybe Francois needs a disciple? The "old 12's" world could certainly use someone with your talent and enthusiasm in a garage!
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(