leveller substitution

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Bryan P

leveller substitution

Post by Bryan P »

After years of knocking on wood and crossing fingers, my left rear leveller has failed on the Queen. I am not interested at this time in a re-conditioning job on the leveller unit; I am going to do an air shock replacement for now.

I read in the latest Cavallino, the Bluemel interview w/ Vaglietti (head of the Classiche program) that Ferrari and Koni are going to join forces to start reproducing Ferrari-specific Koni parts that have been out of production. I can only imagine that this would include our favorite leveller units. I'm thinking that when these become available, I'll eventually get a set.

In the meantime, I'll do the air shocks - a lot cheaper than the additional coil-over shock solution from Rutlands.

does anyone have any experience fitting these? Michael Bayer sent me the discussion on this topic from the C/4 site which ws helpful. But the question was asked and not answered there re: which model # of Monroe (or other) air shock will fit?

thanks in advance!
1968 365 GT 2+2
s/n 11199
1955 s.II 500 Mondial
s/n 0556(0446)MD
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale
zac

Post by zac »

I had a set of air shocks on one of my cars when I bought it. Seemed to work fine and I believe they were from a mid eightys Cadillac but don't know the exact application. I will dig them out and post the part number if I still have them.

Zac
1970 365 gt 2+2 13137, 1997 550 Maranello, 1969 Lamborghini Miura S, 1973 365 GTB/4 Daytona
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

BrianP: I am reminded of something Mae West once said: "I have everything I had when I was younger, its just lower". There but for the grace of...the Koni gods go me! Michael Bayer
whturner

Air Shocks

Post by whturner »

The Buick RoadMonster (and probably the other GM) big wagons had Load leveler Air shocks up to 1996. Both Delco and Gabriel replacement air-over shocks are available (Gabriel at JC Whitney).
The electric air pump and other parts ought to be easily avilable if needed, also.
Don't know if they are suitable, but I thought the info might be useful.

Cheers
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069