Vardanians Lusso

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Bernard Fahimian

Vardanians Lusso

Post by Bernard Fahimian »

I have seen John Vardanians car on the May issue of Forza. What is the Master Lube pre-oiler and how does it work? If you drive your car every other week do you still need this system to protect your engine? Bernard
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Bernard,

There are plenty people that drive their Ferraris less frequently than you do and they do not find the need to pre-lubricate their engines. As of lately, I drive the Lusso on average of once every couple of months. The fact, however, is that majority of the wear in a combustion engine occurs at startup. Given the cost of rebuild, I found a $350 investment in a lubricator a cheap measure against prolonging the life of the engine. The concept of pre-lubrication probably came from engines that did not run regularly, such as those in farming machinery and medium scale power generators. So, there probably is some credence to the idea of pre-lubricating valuable engines.

Personally, I get great peace of mind to see 30 psig of pressure on the car’s oil pressure gauge before hitting the starter.

Feel free to get in touch with me at jav7@pge.com with further questions.

john
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I am still confused on what it does. Does having that pressure before startup get the oil circulating sooner? It doesn't circulate it before startup does it?
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Tom,

It circulates the oil before startup. It's as if the car's oil pump runs first without the engine itself running. Then, when the oil circulates through the gallies and you read 25-30 psi on the car's oil pressure gauge you turn over the engine. The idea is that your engine has about 25-30 psi of oil pressure before it even starts.

john
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Sounds like an excellent idea. At $350 it's cheap insurance.