found overdrive guru, thanks ToM

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

lukek

found overdrive guru, thanks ToM

Post by lukek »

We were having some issues getting the overdrive to work. It did not hold sufficient pressure. While the electrics were fine and engagement was consistent, it would jump out of overdrive once the accelerator was depressed. It turned out to be the fact that one of the tiny oil passages in the case of the OD unit got blocked with a metal shaving or some such object and the full 500 lbs of pressure could not build up.
Between Johannes at Dino Motors and Bob, the problem was finaly solved.

Tom posted some URLs to the OD pages, but I wanted to post the contact info, just in case someone needs to ship their OD to this guy. Bob said it ws Ok to add him to the list of suppliers, should Tom feel it would be useful.

OD guru: Bob / Del Skoog <sisku@nctimes.net>
760-728-5328, Southern California
http://www.sdvsa.org/LaycockOD.htm#Top

and if you are in the search of a good mechanic in the Bay area , here is a shameless plug for my V12 guy, Johannes H. at Dino Motors, San Mateo, CA
650 571 0406
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
jsa3

Dino Motors-Johannnes

Post by jsa3 »

This is a good opportunity for me to use the Forum to extend thanks to both Luke Kowalski and Johannes at Dino Motors. After nearly a year of looking for a 330 Luke took note of my expressions of discouragement at being unable to find a suitable car, and gave me the name and number of the owner of a for sale but unadvertised 4 headlight '64 330 in the San Francisco area, as well as a recommendation to use Johannes for at least my prepurchase inspection. I live in Dallas and was unable to make a trip out there, so after much help from Luke, Johannes, and Mike Tiernan, the car's owner, I decided to purchase it, sight unseen. During this process I also decided to use Johannes for the mechanical reconditioning that the car required. Without making a long story out of it, the three month long distance working relationship with Johannes was very smooth and my car arrived in Dallas on March 15th, ready to go. Johannes handled every aspect and kept a detailed hour-by-hour record of all that he did. I am very pleased.
Thanks, guys! I love my car.

Scott
Dallas, Texas
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Luke,

I'm glad I was able to help! It's nice to hear once in a while that all the work I do on this website is benefiting Vintage Ferrari owners! Sharing the information keeps us from having to re-learn everything by ourselves.

Tom