Pledge Drive

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

paypal sent!. If I hadn't already had a vasectomy, my next child, male or female, would be named "Tom Yang Phillips".

seriously, Tom, it means a lot that we hearty few 2+2 guys and vintage v-12 DIYers have a home.

now I have to go abuse "tongascrew" on F-chat who just stated that it was ok to turn old 2+2s into replicas because it "is not economically viable" to restore them . . . .
1968 365 GT 2+2
s/n 11199
1955 s.II 500 Mondial
s/n 0556(0446)MD
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Bryan,

Thanks!
now I have to go abuse "tongascrew" on F-chat who just stated that it was ok to turn old 2+2s into replicas because it "is not economically viable" to restore them . . . .
People who make statements like that are antagonists that love looking for a fight. Luckily there is a place like f-chat for people like that to roam. Let him talk, but I can vouch that the 2+2 is a very enjoyable car to drive, and cheaper than dropping $200-300 large for something with two seats.

I know a lot of you go to F-chat, and it can sometimes be amusing to read the chatter, but I've always prided myself to think that this site has been a quiet alternative to all the action found on F-chat!

Thanks for supporting what I do!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Greg Brendel

Post by Greg Brendel »

Paypal sent! Thanks for all the hard work and a great site.
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

tyang wrote: Hi Bryan,

Thanks!
After my 330 blew its clutch in Sept, rebodying it did pass through my mind, along with other ill-conceived ideas, but I got over them pretty quick.
tyang wrote:.....Thanks for supporting what I do!

Tom
I'm also happy for the opp to contribute to the site.
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
daffy

Moderators ?

Post by daffy »

Tom, just wonder, do we have to make a donation to the moderators as well ?
330 GT 2+2 Serie II VIN 8495, 1966
Fiat DINO Coupe 246, 1971
Fiat Ritmo Abarth 1988
ISO Milano Diva 1959
Audi Urquattro 1984
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2006
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I'm in as well. I have gotten so much help, encouragement, information and entertainment from this site that I cannot imagine not helping out in some way. Thanks Tom!
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
larryingreenback

help in supporting you

Post by larryingreenback »

Tom, I will help support your effort.

Larry B.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

Your pledges help guarentee this site will remain free and accesible to everyone for many years to come! Thanks!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
67GTC

Happy to Support a Great Cause!!

Post by 67GTC »

We need to build some momentum around this pledge drive by coming up with a catchy name...

"Toys for Tom" probably isn't right, but I'm sure that we can come up with something.

I've just added my $0.02 to the cause (well actually it was more than that)...

Keep up the great work Tom!

Chuck McCreight
1967 330 GTC
S/N: 10539
owen

Post by owen »

Check's in the mail.

I think the pledge approach is great. Site is certainly worth supporting but it's nice for newcomers to have access to it for free. If I hadn't stumbled upon site I don't know if I would have even gone the vintage Ferrari route. Always wanted one, but it would have been hard to go solo in making the buying decision and facing ownership without the benefit of the experience and expertise everyone shares here would have been a lot more intimidating.

Thanks Tom.
Owen
'65 330 GT 2+2 #5767
'58 Fiat 1200 TV
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

"Ying for Yang" official pledge drive nomenclature.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
tyang

Post by tyang »

"Ying for Yang" official pledge drive nomenclature.
Hi Rudy,

Sounds good to me, as long as everyone remembers it's pronounced "young!"
I think the pledge approach is great. Site is certainly worth supporting but it's nice for newcomers to have access to it for free. If I hadn't stumbled upon site I don't know if I would have even gone the vintage Ferrari route. Always wanted one, but it would have been hard to go solo in making the buying decision and facing ownership without the benefit of the experience and expertise everyone shares here would have been a lot more intimidating.
Thanks Owen,

I have always felt that this site should remain free. The enthusiasm for these old cars depends on keeping current owners and future owners excited about them, and making a "members only" site defeats that idea! With the support from everyone who feels they benefit from this site, we bring this to everyone else who would like to share in our love for old Ferraris!

Years ago, I picked up a bunch of self published books by a guy who called himself the "Maestro." He was a Porsche 365 Guru, and his love for these cars could be seen in his books. I wanted to own one too simply because he loved working on them! I would only hope we can do the same here!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Hi Tom,

No problem on the correct pronunciaton. Speaking of "young," nice photo of your daughter working on that mustang engine head. She's a natural!

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Tom, thanx for all the help! I just made a deposit via PayPal to help keep the little jewel goin', but not sure it went through. Please let me know. thanx steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Tom, thanx for all the help! I just made a deposit via PayPal to help keep the little jewel goin', but not sure it went through. Please let me know. thanx steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."