Pledge Drive

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

whturner

Small Contribution

Post by whturner »

In absolute dollars I don't know if my check is small, medium or large (that I doubt). But it is less that the site is worth.
Also your company at the party is worth something.
I just hope you don't get so many donations you retire to one of the islands you flew over in your "vacation".

Cheers and merry christmas
Warren (and Judy)
330 GT Series II sn 10069
whturner

Post by whturner »

"now I have to go abuse "tongascrew" on F-chat who just stated that it was ok to turn old 2+2s into replicas because it "is not economically viable" to restore them . . . ."

I missed that statement - abuse is not enough.
That is like saying the statue of Venus should be calcined into lime because of the economics.There is no economic argument that applies.

Cheers
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069
tyang

Post by tyang »

In absolute dollars I don't know if my check is small, medium or large (that I doubt). But it is less that the site is worth.
Also your company at the party is worth something.
I just hope you don't get so many donations you retire to one of the islands you flew over in your "vacation".

Cheers and merry christmas
Warren (and Judy)
Hi Warren,

It's the thought and generosity from your heart to support this site that means so much to me, not a dollar amount. I started this site without any intention of making any money because and I still do it very much for the love of helping people, and sharing our experiences. The pledges help insure this site continues to grow, and keeps me motivated to fight silly things like spammers, and hackers!

I'm sure there won't be enough to retire to the Islands, and besides if there ever was that much money, you know I would simply buy another Ferrari and restore it right here on this site!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
rwills

Post by rwills »

Tom,

I've just sent a few $ via Paypal to say a huge thanks for all your hard work. I can say for sure that my PF Coupe would not be as it is today without your site and for that I'm very grateful.

My 2007 projects are 3 race cars - a 1969 Daren Mk 2 Sports Racer, 1964 Lotus Cortina and a 1965 Corvette 396cu-in that I'm building into a historic (FIA spec) racer. The road cars don't get as much use these days but I still love a blast in the 250!!!

Best wishes all.

Roger
1959 Ferrari 250GT PF Coupe 1479GT
tyang

Post by tyang »

My 2007 projects are 3 race cars - a 1969 Daren Mk 2 Sports Racer, 1964 Lotus Cortina and a 1965 Corvette 396cu-in that I'm building into a historic (FIA spec) racer. The road cars don't get as much use these days but I still love a blast in the 250!!!
And I thought I had my hands full with projects!

Thanks for the pledge.

Tom

P.S. I'm not necessarily going to turn down pledges after this week, but the Pledge Drive will officially end by New Year's Day. Thanks to everyone who participated, and I'm honored you guys feel this site, and what I do here, is worth supporting!
'63 330 America #5053
DBR330GT

Post by DBR330GT »

Hi Tom,

Check is in the mail,

Thanks,

Dan Reese
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9119, 2011 BMW 1M, 2002 BMW M3
fest

grand total

Post by fest »

Looks like the Pledge Drive is officially over (?)

I was wondering how we did-

Tom, could you please share the results with us?

no names, just the total $ amount,
and the total number of contributors?

based upon review of the results
maybe we need to go to a (gasp) subscription ?
we may lose a few members with this approach,
but we need address the long term health of the site

I for one would be willing to cough up say $25 / year to participate
as I here most every night (I reluctantly have to admit)
then that's what < $.50 a week?

I agree we need to take this to the next level
whatever method it takes to get us there
remains to be determined

AKwannaB
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi AKB,

Techincally, it's over, but I'm still waiting for a couple more stragglers to come in via snail mail.

I would consider the pledge drive success. We certainly do not need to go to a subscription. As I've said before, I'm my biggest fan of this site, and I feel having to pay for content would turn me away from participating with this site.

Thanks again to all those who participated. I will be posting an offical "Thank you" by this week.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053