330 GTC Campy wheels

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

330 GTC Campy wheels

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I' m in the midst of refinishing my wheels and noted from some pictures that a friend took of another 330, that there appears to be a polished shiny plate (about 4" in diameter) between the wheel and the knockoff spinner. Is this correct, or is my vision as bad as I think? thanx steve meltzer "never enough time to do it right, always enough time to do it over"
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

You are correct. There is a small chrome disc that fits behind the knock off. I bought mine from Parker Hall.
1967 330 GTC #9313
TOMKIZER

Re: 330 GTC Campy wheels

Post by TOMKIZER »

Steve Meltzer wrote:I' m in the midst of refinishing my wheels and noted from some pictures that a friend took of another 330, that there appears to be a polished shiny plate (about 4" in diameter) between the wheel and the knockoff spinner. Is this correct, or is my vision as bad as I think? thanx steve meltzer "never enough time to do it right, always enough time to do it over"
Steve, I assume the 330 Campagnolo wheels are similar to my 365 GT 2+2 wheels. If the rings are not there, you should know it. When you see my pictures, you will see why. The rings may be painted the color of the wheels – mine were. Kerry Chesbro shows how to make a tool to remove and reinstall them without damage so you can clean or rechrome them. I made it and it's wonderfully easy. It’s at:

http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari/330GT.htm

Click on What's New in the left column, scroll down to the 6/28/2002 entry, and click on the highlighted entry,"how to remove the trim rings".

Here are four photos showing mine before, during and after the wheel restoration. I had the wheels painted and the rings rechromed.

Good luck!

Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Tom K.,

Nice work. Very pretty!

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Tom (and Kerry) thanx for the pix and info. Mine are still on the wheel and they were previously painted. thanx again. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Slightly off point, I have been unsucessfully looking for 4 Campys for my 330GT, are they scarce or am I not looking in the right places?