Ferrari Restoration Tips

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Ferrari Restoration Tips

Post by tyang »

Hi All,

There is a lot of great information shared on this website, but I want to distill some of the messages and create a permanent place for them in the "Ferrari Restoration Tips" section on this website.

I'm currently working on collecting the information on Borranis for an entry. If anyone would like to suggest a string of messages that they feel should be included in the "Tips" section, let me know, and I'll try to work on them.

The search feature is great for finding information, but I want to make it easier to find answers to the more common questions.

Thanks!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
TOMKIZER

Post by TOMKIZER »

Tom, that is an absolutely incredible idea. Many of the tips would be applicable to all the old cars and many of the new ones. I've already studied the existing list for applicability to my 365 GT 2+2. I would suggest, however, that you create a "supporting thread" - maybe this one - that collects suggestions for existing threads to be cannibalized for tips, questions that might stimulate tips that don't already exist in print, and rules for use of the "supporting thread" that would permit BS posts, ego trip posts and insult posts to be deleted without guilt or implied insult. You can start by feeling free to delete this post if this is the thread you choose for the "supporting thread".
Tom Kizer
So many sidewalk cafés - so little time left.
1969 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293 (Gone but not forgotten)
1967 230 SL 4-spd (Currently on CPR)
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi All,

Borranis post is up:
http://www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari.htm ... _info.html

Tom K,

People an suggest a topic whenever they want, but so far no suggestions!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

Tom:

I'll go out later and stare at my car for a few minutes...some ideas will definitely come to mind, and I'll post them.
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

A subject that constantly pops up is Seat Belts. That would certainly be worth while covering. Carpet is a popular subject, as are radiator repair and exhaust systems. I am also studying up on the suspension as my next project, so would not mind seeing that covered.

Do you still have the threads from the old version of the site? There was some good stuff back then as well, but last time I checked (a while ago) it was unsearchable. A lot of what we talk about revolves around what you are doing and we don't often go back to the stuff you did in the early days. Removing the gas tank comes to mind...
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com