Letterman Superamerica color

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

william, Art:

I've found xclent pics and a very recent post-restoration video on McQueen's Lusso. Absolutely outstanding car but the color is not the way I want to go.

Ian: I've got JonBrent's website bookmarked, thanks.
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

The latest on #5409:

Yesterday, my car went to Stuart's P&B here in Dallas for a comprehensive evaluation for insurance; that will take a week or so.

They will then return it to me, and it will stay in my garage until all needed components for repairs have been sourced and obtained, then it will go back for the duration.

I am definitely going to have it repainted in the Letterman SA color, and do needed restoration on exterior chrome and other trim, as well as a radiator rebuild and engine compartment cleanup and detail while it's sitting over at Stuart's with no front bodywork.

A new interior is in the plans but won't happen for another couple of years, unless the $$$ somehow becomes available right away. I'm not holding out hope on that possibility because we are "downsizing" from the big house we remodeled in '03-'04, and all funds and time will be tied up in remodeling the much-smaller cottage we purchased in February.

I'll keep updating here as the 330 repair-resto process unfolds.

Now that the initial shock and stress of the accident has passed, and processing the insurance claim/beginning repair work have started, I'm feeling very optimistic again.
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409