emergency trunk release...was stuck 330 trunk

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

emergency trunk release...was stuck 330 trunk

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Despite much gnashing of teeth and profane utterances, I am still unable to open the trunk of my 330 gtc. Acts like it's locked, but it has never been locked. I've tried all of the usual two-man maneuvers; all to no avail. The owner's manual says that there's an emergency cable, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone no where that little devil hides? Any other ideas? thanx s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
jcwconsult

Post by jcwconsult »

On a 365 GT 2+2, the emergency trunk cable is under the fuel cap flap, and both cables show in the body parts book diagrams. I see only one cable on the 330 GTC body parts book pages, leading to the area behind the seats.
Jim Walker
365 GT 2+2 #12451
mcmichael

Post by mcmichael »

Steve-

Did you get your trunk open yet? My car ('67 GTC sn 10007) definitely has a second trunk release cable. I have several pictures of mine—both inside the trunk when I had the fuel tanks out as well as where it ends behind the left rear inner quarter panel. I haven’t mastered Photobucket, but I’d be happy to email pictures if you’d like. Each pic is about 400k--do you have broadband?

When the cable pulled out of my trunk release lever, I had to remove the left rear inner quarter panel to gain access, and the secondary cable was there, too.

All the best,

Michael
'67 330 GTC #10007
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Thanx so much Michael, I got it open...removed the rear panel below the quarter window and, violoa, it was open! (pun intended) s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

As noted, I got the trunk open and found that the cable was bound up right as it entered the lock. Probably could have cut the cable and still had enough to make it work, but bought a new shifter cable (I think, not a brake cable) for a tandem bike (Shimano...only the best for my baby!) and new rubber housing. Also purloined a ferrule from a parts bike, then spent some time getting it "just right", but I'm back in business. thanx again. steve
steve meltzer,
tyang

Post by tyang »

(Shimano...only the best for my baby!)
Hi Steve,

Glad to hear you got it back together. That Shimano stufff is nice, teflon lined and wound square coil. It should last at least another 40 years.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Tom (and eveyone else!), Thanx for the help and encouragement. think I might have the carb situation corrrected as well (floats way off), but don't know yet as I'm still working on the wheels from hell. thanx again. steve
steve meltzer,