Back seat belts

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

fuiszt

Back seat belts

Post by fuiszt »

Anyone have experience with adding belts (preferably 3 pt ) to the back seats of a 330gt?
Yale

Post by Yale »

There are mounting locations for the standard 2 points under the rear seats, I have belts in the back on my car. Yale
330GT

Post by 330GT »

I added 2 point belts to the rear of my 330 GT. There were no mounting points in my car. I ended up positioning the ends just the right and left of the rear of each seat, drilling through the sheet metal there. Be careful on the left outside as that is near the electric fuel pump. I welded the appropriate nuts onto large (3") washers that were used on the underside to help distribute any potential load. The belts come up between the seat and wheel well on the outside and the arm rest on the inside.

Three point belts would be more difficult with the only place for the upper mount being near the quarter window latch. I don't know if there is enough metal there to safely hold a person in case of an accident.
fuiszt

belts

Post by fuiszt »

Yale,
Next time you have your back seats out, could you take a picture of where the mounts are? Had my seats out this weekend and they aren't there. ( but there was a little surface rust under the seats-so I had something to keep me busy)