[b]Help - Vitaloni steering column switches[/b]

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

JASON

[b]Help - Vitaloni steering column switches[/b]

Post by JASON »

Hi, can anyone out there answer what will appear a stupid question!...
Im restoring the Vitaloni switch gear from a 308 GTS .My questions specifically about the headlamp stalk:

Can anyone tell me what should happen when the end of the lights stalk is rotated, also which lights come on when the stalk is pushed to its highest position, the horizontal (mid) position and the lowest position.??

See told you it was a stupid question!, but I can't find any suitable reference material. Any help very gratefully received. Thanks.
Regards, Jason.
fest

switch op

Post by fest »

I would suggest referring to the owner's manual
certainly, a good place to start

if you do not have one,
it would seem that a 308 manual should be easy enough to come by
someone probly has one on line to download for free
(as this is primarily an older V12 venue, I could only direct you to those)
but with a little searchin I am sure you can dig one up for your application
330GT

Post by 330GT »

All owners manuals can be downloaded from the Ferrari Owner's Site (http://www.owners.ferrari.com). You have to own a Ferrari in order to register and use the site though.
JASON

Vitaloni

Post by JASON »

further to the above post, I dont have the 308 just the steering column stalks unit which I believe was the same unit across several ferrari models. (I collect/restore older car parts)

As this is my first experience with these units could a kindly V12 or other ferrari owner with a 3 stalked ferrari (Headlamps/turn signals /wiper washer confirm:
When the lights stalk is rotated what is switched on, and what happens when the the lights stalk is moved through the 3 positions - Up , midpoint and down?

I'm assuming that the rotation of the end stalk puts the side/park lamps on. The Up position is the High /main beam the Mid point lights off and the low point dip beam.

If someone could confirm that or correct me that would be most helpful as I can then workout the wiring easily from the information without the need of sourcing a wiring diagram. (most lamp wiring circuits being similar).

Many thanks in advance.
simonc

Post by simonc »

On my 400 when you turn the knob the lights come on. In the up position it is just parking lights, middle is headlight on low beam (normal) and all teh way down is headlights on High beam.

Hope this helps[/img]
JASON

thanks simonc

Post by JASON »

Simonc many thanks that was the info. I needed, Kind Regards , Jason.
bill308

Post by bill308 »

Jason,
On my 78 308, all the way up on the stalk is lights out. With the knob on the end of the stalk twisted clockwise, the head light buckets go down. Twist the knob counter clockwise and the head lights buckets rise. Push the stalk down to the middle position you get low beams. Push the stalk down to the lowest position and you get high beams.
JASON

Thanks Bill. end<<

Post by JASON »

thanks, Regards Jason.

PS - Any idea where I could source an original steering wheel hub/boss for a 308QV? cheers.