2007 Tomyang.net East Coast Fall Gathering

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

whturner

Final Details

Post by whturner »

tyang wrote:I've nailed down a date with Bill Pollard. This year it will be a held at Sport Auto in Gaylordsville, CT. It's a shop that I've recently started working for, and will be a great place for car enthusisasts to come and see some great cars! Here's the info:

Where: Sport Auto by Bill Pollard
Gaylordsville, CT 06755

The exact street address will follow.

When: Saturday, October 27, 2007 11am unil?

What: A party for anyone interested in Vintage Ferraris and tomyang.net

Bill's shop has two lifts that we plan on using much like last year's party. Bring your car, and we'll get it up on the lift to see what's going on underneath. We'll also have some interesting Ferraris to show as well. As we develop the activities for the day, we may even select certain cars to discuss specific differences between models. Be prepared to learn about Vintage Ferraris!

If you have any suggestions, or questions about this party, please feel free to e-mail me! Don't miss this party!

Tom
Hi Tom:

I can find Gaylordsville - Street address? Or did I miss it somewhere.

Also - Have you heard any chat about arrangements (Formal or informal) for a Sunday Am get-together/drive?

Cheers and looking forward th the meet
Warren and Judy
330 GT Series II sn 10069
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Warren,

Gaylordsville CT is north of New Milford CT on Route 7.
Here's a map:

I've been updating the original post on the party, it looks like you've got an older file. Hit reload on this page if you don't see an address for Allen Drive.
http://www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari736.htm
Sport Auto shares a driveway with these guys:
http://www.bigalstoybox.com/
They'll be there as well, so if anyone wants to look at blown american iron, you're more than welcome!

Since no one has offered to take up the call, I may just have to do it! Where are you staying Warren? We could me at my house in the morning and find a destination. Anybody have any ideas? All three of my cars are running, so I can even offer out of towners a ride!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
whturner

Hi Tom:

Post by whturner »

I guess my browser was relaoding from cache. The link worked fine.

I don't know your area - but if you were visiting my area, I would drive around some country roads for a bit with a couple of stops for photo shoots, and end up about 11 am or so at some place with brunch, where we could gather around a table with wives and socialize a bit, before scattering. Of course, that would depend on the number of people.
Nothing very fancy.

Judy and I are am staying with Mike Meehan sat night, friday night we will be somewhere within short driving distance of the meet.

Cheers
Warren
sam231

Post by sam231 »

I'll be coming from RI if anyone is flying into Boston or T. F. Greenand needs a ride. The plan is for me to drive down to Westbrook CT and join Michael Greenspan if he makes it home. Then on to Gaylordsville. If he does not, I'll probably head out Route 6 to Hartford then down 84 to 7.

Pray the rain they are hinting at happens at night as wipers (even with Rainx), on my car anyway, aren't worth a damn!
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(
Tony Girand

Post by Tony Girand »

Weather.com forecasting 70% chance of rain on Sat. Any thought of changing to Sun when it is forecasting 20% chance of rain? Just an idea...
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

That would work for me and Michael Greenspan. How about for the guys flying in from the left coast?

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

By the way, Tony G., Welcome aboard!!

Regards,

Art S.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Weather.com forecasting 70% chance of rain on Sat. Any thought of changing to Sun when it is forecasting 20% chance of rain? Just an idea...
Hi Tony,

There are too many things in play to change to Sunday, but I'm making some calls to change the weather! Besides, I usually don't count on the weather until the day before, and even then, they get it wrong! Let's just all thing positive.

I'm drivng my 330 America, rain or shine. I'm going to start applying another coat of Rain-X tonight. Who's willing to join me!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
josh

Post by josh »

I'm looking forward to the event.. But I am glad i'll be driving my nice boring modern, watertight and wiper-equipped car ;-)

--Josh
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/
whturner

Post by whturner »

... I'm drivng my 330 America, rain or shine. I'm going to start applying another coat of Rain-X tonight. Who's willing to join me!

Tom[/quote]

Hi Tom:

Join you in applying rain-x to your car - or mine? I will be doing the same to mine. But I worry more about the deer population than rain.
While I am on-line I would like to ask all willing recruits to help me make some decisions regarding how much cosmetic restoration I should do and still retain my "driver" status, and as much originality as reasonable. And promise not to laugh at some of the dings, like the one where "a basketball bounced off the car behind the frat house" - (previous owner, not me).

Cheers
Warren
sam231

Post by sam231 »

Mine is going too. If it rains I will be able to test the bead of sealant I put on the worn gasket at the bottom of the rear window!

Tom is right though, you have to wait for the last minute. Two years ago I threw a Ferrari weekend and only two cars showed up because the forecast was awful. We met, the clouds lifted, and we enjoyed a sunny drive throught Southeastern New England. I'm game.
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Warren,

I've seen many cars that were made pretty and once they were done, the owners just kept them in the garage and polished them.

Regarding visibility in the rain; I put slightly shorter than stock Carello high speed wipers on my car, they work better than the stock ones I had.

Regards,

Art S.

PS. If you show me the basketball dent, I'll show you the damage from the snowmobile engine I had in the trunk...
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Guys Will be there for sure but given the weather inroute, will be in something German M
Michael J. Bayer
330GT s/n 9727
365GTC4 s/n 14943
Dino Spider s/n 1193
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Michael,

Don't give in, go Italian!

Regards,

Art S.
whturner

Progress Report

Post by whturner »

Hi Art, Micheal

Made it to Scranton, (about 300 miles in the rain) will be in in the AM. Too close to go back now. The only problem was the drivers heater fan quit, fogs up the windows on my side when not moving. I also tweaked the carbs a little for a richer mixture - in the warm weather we have had it was OK. I apparently had it pretty lean.

I ought to have a pretty well washed car by now - with clean mineral free water.

Cheers
Warren