Chuck McCreight

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

67GTC

Off to a Concours

Post by 67GTC »

Bryan,

I couldn't agree with you more. When I returned from hospital, I had an invitation letter and two tickets to the Palos Verde Concours here in Southern California. So A friend and I will be the guest of Donald Trump at his golf resort today, I'll get a chance to mingle with vintage Ferrari and other marque owners.

I may not be up to a whole day, but I will enjoy being out in the car world.

Talk to you all soon,

Chuck
1967 330 GTC
S/N: 10539
67GTC

Parts Head

Post by 67GTC »

I ran into Tom Shaunessey at the Palos Verde Concours yesterday, where he was judging the Ferrari class. He very kindly expressed his concern about my health and asked a few questions after examining the entry wound to the head.

The conversation changed abruptly once he learned about the titanium plate installed by the medical staff at UCLA.

"You know that those lightweight titanium parts can be quite valuable" says Tom. He wanted to make it clear that he was first in line for the acquisition.

It was thrilling to watch a grand master actively engaged in his life's work.

Overall, it was a grand day and really helped me re-enter the world after being away for awhile.

Chuck
1967 330 GTC
S/N: 10539
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Chuck, you make sure you get top dollar from Tom S for any "parts".Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

I am surprised that Tom did not ask for the serial number on the plate.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Chuck,

Wow, you fell ill and recovered over the course of one thread on TomYang.com, congratulations!

I'm really happy to hear that you are doing so well.

Regards,

Art S.

PS. Tom S., since you are in the market vintage Ferrari driver parts; does this mean you have an inventory? Do you have enough stashed away to assemble a whole driver or two or are all of the vintage Ferrari drivers missing their hearts? :)
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Chuck, Delighted to hear the great news. Just awesome. Wishing you a continued speedy recovery. steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."