Two Funny Stories from Monterey

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

abrent wrote:come on, no-one lives in Moone Ponds.
Here's a bit of trivia, I used to work in the KFC there. Even met my wife there.
You want trivia?? I'll give you some trivia. It is a small world. The guy who owns the Moonee Ponds KFC (and about 20 or 30 others, as well as Pizza Huts etc) owns a beautiful burgandy Daytona and he goes out driving with us regularly. Do you have an old Ferrari banger? If yes, there is a trip being organised for next March 08 around Thredbo of carbed front engineed V12 Ferrari. Last year we had over 40 cars and we hope to get maybe over 50 this time. A great time.
Cheers
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
abrent

Post by abrent »

Hi John, yes, I have an old 12 banger GTE. Currently it's in about 2000 bits, so while I would love to be out driving it in March 08 it's going to be a little premature.

As for the KFC, probably I worked for the previous owner as I heard it was sold shortly after I left. Keep in mind my Essendon days were very early eightys so it's a while ago now, and I only worked maybee 2-3 shifts a week. I worked out at JB hifi in east keilor as well - probably another known haunt to you as I beleive the then owner, David, has/had several Ferrari's and muscle cars over the years. He had a then new 911 when I last saw him around 84.
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

I know David of JB Hi-Fi fame as well. He has a collection of great cars. A few months ago his PERFECT light pastel green Aston Martin DB4 GT was stolen outside a restaurant when he was with a bunch of other car guys. I do not think it has been recovered yet. Maybe shipped off to China or Russia. Anyway he also goes out with us when we go on drives, usually with a Ferrari but sometimes he would take something else such as the Aston.
Anyway good luck with the GTE. They are great cars and are pretty quick for an old 3 liter banger. Keep in touch as the old carb Ferrari scene is getting very active here.
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Tom Yang, are you listening? Shouldn't you put a limit on how many Aussies can post on a given thread? ; )
PF Coupe
tyang

Post by tyang »

Tom Yang, are you listening? Shouldn't you put a limit on how many Aussies can post on a given thread? ; )
Having spent 6 months there, I have a soft spot for the land of Oz!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053