Another Weber question

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

Another Weber question

Post by Steve Meltzer »

While trying to dial in the final curb idle on my 330 GTC (40DCZ Webers) I noted that the throttle valve/plate on the left, #3 carb doesn't open when you blip the throttle. Can only be moved with a long screwdriver. Not sure why, but seems like it's bound up. Think I might be able to tell anything with the top pulled from the carb? It is recalcitrant under all conditions and it takes some pressure to open it. The butterfly on the opposite side of #3 seems to move correctly. Any ideas other than Pierce? thanx s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Steve,

I'm not an expert on carbs, but there is a gear drive that connects the two throttle shafts. Is the locking nut tight on the stuck shaft? Taking off the top plate will only reveal the float assembly. The side plate covers the gear drive to the throttle shafts.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Steve,

I believe that Tom is referring to the locking bolt (figure number 42) on the weber carb diagram for the GTC in your book. If that is not locked, the gear and shaft would not respond input from the master gear (figure 35) which is held on by a pin to its throttle shaft.

Keep us posted.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I'll check on this in a day or two, when I get my chance. thanx again for continuing my education...which is certainly defecient. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."