Air Conditioning Condenser

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

treue

Air Conditioning Condenser

Post by treue »

Guys,

I am working on my radiator. It has four mounting tabs that hold the air conditioning condenser just forward of the radiator core. All the tabs are bent (damaged) to the extent that it is not obvious how the condenser mounts to them. In their present condition, it would seem that the top of the condenser would mount to the front of the top tabs and that the bottom tabs would pass beneath the condenser, then come up in front of it. This has some logic in that the condenser could rest on the bottom tabs until the mechanic could get the bolts, nuts and washers in place without using blocks under the condenser to hold it up for installation. This mounting scheme would cause the general plane of the condenser to be at a small angle to the general plane of the radiator. I don’t want to bend the tabs until I’m certain where they need to go. There are marks on the mounting tabs that indicate past presence of a condenser, but the car does not have air conditioning installed. Perhaps the present radiator is a salvaged replacement from a car that DID have A/C. No help from my collection of manuals or from Kerry’s site. Is the condenser parallel to the radiator and does it bolt to the front side of all four tabs? Thanks.

Tom
Tom Treue
67 330GT 2+2, No. 9129 (former owner)