Wiring Loom

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

abrent

Wiring Loom

Post by abrent »

Hi,

I have contemplated replacing the wiring loom in our GTE for a little while now, but the process was excalated the other day when it was completely pulled from the car. The existing one could be salvaged, and sections replaced, but I figured that someone may know of a company there who would reproduce the loom with the original colors and connectors.
I think I can rebuild the fuse box, but a new panel with the old parts is also a possibility.

What I am also looking for, I guess is a supplier which will have the period correct wire.

Any help would be appriciated.

Regards, and thanks,

Andrew.
zac

Post by zac »

Y and Z is in L.A. area and has the blueprints for most ferrari wiring diagrams but get ready for the sticker shock they run upwards of 2 grand depending on the options your car has.
I don't have the url in front of me but they are all over hemmings and a search on www.hemmings.com will locate them.
hope that will help

zac
Koll

Post by Koll »

Just for reference, a new engine wiring harness from Toyota costs a thousand bucks. :shock:

Not that such information makes a 2K bill easier to swallow, it's not out of line.

A patient and diligent guy can knock out a harness with a level of quality that no shop can match, but of course, the details of proper restoration may negate the use of the latest technologies.