Is it time to Sell?

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

gtb

Post by gtb »

I could never sell my glass 308 though I dream of owning another Ferrari. Its a different situation in that its worth a lot less money and what else could I buy? A 348 or 355? My dream Ferrari at this point is a Daytona. Let me see.....I could sell the 308 for $40k and then all I need is another $300k. As you can see the math just dosent work. I am still optimistic that somehow I will find the money someday. In the mean time, I will enjoy my 308 and read about the cars that I cant afford.
tyang

Post by tyang »

gtb wrote:I could never sell my glass 308 though I dream of owning another Ferrari. Its a different situation in that its worth a lot less money and what else could I buy? A 348 or 355? My dream Ferrari at this point is a Daytona. Let me see.....I could sell the 308 for $40k and then all I need is another $300k. As you can see the math just dosent work. I am still optimistic that somehow I will find the money someday. In the mean time, I will enjoy my 308 and read about the cars that I cant afford.
It's the classic case of the grass being greener on the other side. I often want something better, but I remind myself how lucky I am to even own my car and have to remember how many people would love to own ANY Ferrari. I'm sure there are steel bodied 308 owners that would kill to own your glass car.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

I agree with Tom, I have been searching for some time for a dry sump glass Euro 308, the prices are up and up for cars I wouldn't touch. We need to count our blessings, the greater part of which is being able to hang out here and other places with the last of the breed: OFGs that wrench on and drive, really drive their old Ferraris! M
Michael J. Bayer
330GT s/n 9727
365GTC4 s/n 14943
Dino Spider s/n 1193
gtb

Post by gtb »

Tom, a Daytona project can be had for a lot less than a a Lusso. Maybe $200k ? If you could only bring yourself to like a Daytona...I know its hard! You could also look into early Boxers for a lot less money.

In the end, you have a lot of exposure in the vintage Ferrari world and you never know what car your next phone call might bring.
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

Michael Bayer wrote:I agree with Tom, I have been searching for some time for a dry sump glass Euro 308, the prices are up and up for cars I wouldn't touch. We need to count our blessings, the greater part of which is being able to hang out here and other places with the last of the breed: OFGs that wrench on and drive, really drive their old Ferraris! M
Michael, by OFG do mean Obsessive Ferrari Gentlemen ? That must be it.See you Saturday,Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
abrent

Re: Is it time to Sell?

Post by abrent »

I know this thread has been dead for about a year, but as it started in 2007 - and we all know what happened since then - did anyone sell or wish they did?

I didn't, but I have a box of parts at the moment - not a car - so it was not really a viable option in my case.

What about getting back in to a Ferrari - or getting another one. Is now the time to buy?
Boxer42

Post by Boxer42 »

abrent wrote:
What about getting back in to a Ferrari - or getting another one. Is now the time to buy?
That really depends on what model you are looking for. If a 550 then yes, a 275 GTS, probably not.
365 GTB/4 Daytona, F40
BT

Post by BT »

I sold my 348 in May this year. I considered selling it a year earlier to a friend, but the family vetoed the sale. So I sold more recently, and the price was a bit less than I could have gotten the previous year. I still have a pleasant outlook on my Ferrari ownership experience and would recommend it to others.
BT
1967 Ginetta G20