Goodwood Revival Meeting

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

whturner

Goodwood Revival Meeting

Post by whturner »

Hi All.

Just a notice that the Goodwood Revival Meeting tickets have been on sale since Nov. 1. The year I went it tickets were not sold until Jan 1. so this was very early. Based on my experience, if you have any plans to go, jump on the tickets - they sell out fast, at least the desirable ones.
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/
Also, get a place to stay right away. - they are in great demand and the desirable ones are limited.
I cannot overstate what a great high class event it is, in all ways!!!.

Cheers
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069
tyang

Post by tyang »

O.K. So I'm thinking of going, even if the exchange rate is 2 dollars to the pound!

I have friends in London I can stay with to save some money, but I think it'll be too far to drive in for three days.

Any ideas or suggestions for places to stay and tips on doing the Revival would be appreciated. I don't think I even have a Tweed Sport Coat!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
whturner

Goodwood

Post by whturner »

Hi Tom:

You may have to move quickly, if my experience is any guide.
1) Chichester is the place to stay if possible. The event had a bus shuttle between the RR/Bus station and the event. If you stay near Chichester, there is a lot of bus and rail transport to Chichester to pick up the shuttle. Failing that, there are cabs - the cost is reasonable, compared to -say- New York. Do not drive unless forced to do so.
2) Dress code ranged from plain old sport coat or blazer with neckwear and slacks, to pit crew mechanics jumpers. Order one of the DVD's of past events to get a good look at the range of outfits.
3) I say again, move promptly for both tickets and accomodations. It is possible they are sold out already.

The accomodations will be high priced, especially when most have been booked.

Of course, this was the situation 4 years ago - I doubt it is any easier by now.

Wish I could go.
Warren
klv

Post by klv »

Kelly and I have our Festival of Speed tickets booked, but we'll need to get onto the Revival ones ASAP. Ideally you need to get the March Enclosure tickets, but the prices are a challenge...Well worth it while you are there however! We'll post up some pics of 2007 on a website sometime...
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
Dr. Ian Levy

Goodwood Revival Meeting

Post by Dr. Ian Levy »

Hello
I did try & book some tickets & the prices are difinitely a challenge.The March Enclosure tickets appear to be limited to members of the Goodwood Road Racing Club or am I misinformed?
Regards
Ian L
1972 365 GTC4 s/n 15989
http://www.ferrari365gtc4.co.uk/
klv

Post by klv »

That's right Ian. Basically you have to know someone in the Goodwood Road Racing Club to get them to buy tickets 'in bulk' so to speak... There is about a 2 year waiting list to join the GRRC too. You need to wait for someone to die off basically before you can join...
If you can, perhaps try and get a ticket for at least one day in the Lavant Corner gransdtand. You are a long way from the pits/paddock, but you get an excellent view with a giant screen etc and the cars are really working hard through the double apex right hander!
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
seamusdavis

Post by seamusdavis »

Hi guys,

I am a member of GRRC so happy to buy tickets for anyone who wants an enclosure pass. Most of the granstands are sold out.

Re accomodation, I have found it better to rent a small house on the south coast for the weekend, its way cheaper than the hotels (which by now will be fully booked) and its only a few miles from Goodwood.

shaun
Seamus
65 330GT 2+2 7131
whturner

Post by whturner »

klv wrote:That's right Ian. Basically you have to know someone in the Goodwood Road Racing Club to get them to buy tickets 'in bulk' so to speak... There is about a 2 year waiting list to join the GRRC too. You need to wait for someone to die off basically before you can join...
If you can, perhaps try and get a ticket for at least one day in the Lavant Corner gransdtand. You are a long way from the pits/paddock, but you get an excellent view with a giant screen etc and the cars are really working hard through the double apex right hander!
My experience exactly: I got some interesting pictures at the Lavant corner, It was really obvious how well balanced the Ferraris are - they had a much more graceful line through the corner than the rest of the cars. And you can see them into the chicane after they pass. As a note, you might be able to cajole your way into the pits for a quick up-close look. But don't tell anyone!!

Cheers
Warren