Monterey 2008

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I will be able to solidify my plans in two weeks, when all the college applications come in. If my daughter ends up in Virginia, which she is hoping for, we will be driving across the country around the time of Pebble. That is a trip I have always wanted to do, so that is some consolation.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
tyang

Post by tyang »

I will be able to solidify my plans in two weeks, when all the college applications come in. If my daughter ends up in Virginia, which she is hoping for, we will be driving across the country around the time of Pebble. That is a trip I have always wanted to do, so that is some consolation.
Virginia huh? How about a visit to the campus around May 3rd...Oh, look at that there's a tomyang.net party in MD!

Tom Y.
'63 330 America #5053
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

UVA is nice. I have many friends in Charlottsville. However my son goes to VA Tech........GO HOKIES.. Vtech is beer and UVA is wine. I like both but usually prefer beer. I have a good friend who had the love of his life stolen by a UVA fooyball player. Sad part is it was the punter. He was humiliated and has never recovered. That was 15 years ago. anyway a little off topic. UVA is one of the great public schools in this country. good luck.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Hmmmm....beer and wine....so I guess William & Mary would be Port? Like Port and Ferrari's, William and Mary has a great history, a small follwing and is very expensive; a combination my daughter could not resist. We go to Williamsburg regularly and she spent a month in W&M's history program this summer, so it is familiar ground. I think it would be great for her, though it may set the GTE restoration back further still (like the Real Estate economy hasn't done enough on that front).
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

OH in Virginia.............not at Virginia. Gotcha. Anyway, good luck.
abrent

Post by abrent »

Ah yes, Monterey - or Mecca as I like to call it. We have booked the usual room at the Casa Munras, so we can look down our noses at the Aston Martin club gathering below us. However - still not booked the flights as yet so will have to advise that later. If I'm there I will see you all at the party.

Regards,

Andrew.
330GT

Post by 330GT »

I have a friend with one extra ticket to The Quail. If anybody is interested, contact me and I'll put you in touch.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Andrew,

I'll have to warn my Aston Martin colleagues of your
location and presence.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705
abrent

Post by abrent »

Rudy van Daalen Wetters wrote:Andrew,

I'll have to warn my Aston Martin colleagues of your
location and presence.

Rudy
Chet already knows where I stay, he tends to alert the others and usually they toss things up at us....
Keith Milne

Post by Keith Milne »

I'll be showing a couple of small Italian motorcycles at the Quail this year - a 59 MV Agusta (just finishing up the restoration) and a 53 Mondial (!). These two bikes will represent the Moto Giro D'Italia that comes to the United States for the first time next week. See you there Tom.
Sleeper

Post by Sleeper »

I just cancelled three nights at the Green Gable Inn if anybody is looking for a room. Thrur. Fri. Sat.