Nice 330 series 2 in a private auction

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

BT

Nice 330 series 2 in a private auction

Post by BT »

I stumbled across this 330 Series II being auctioned in Miami:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/photo.p ... time=12:00
Looks nicein the pictures, and this auction has pretty poor circulation so it may be a bargain waiting to happen for someone (if the reserve is low enough).
BT
1967 Ginetta G20
whturner

330 GT at Auction

Post by whturner »

The serial # is 8101 - the car has been "restored" apparently exterior only. The seller does not know the ststus of a tool kit.
Hopefully he will update the data on the site.

Cheers
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069
owen

Post by owen »

Nice Alfa GTV being auctioned too. Don't want this to turn into a Ferrarichat economic forecasting session, but found a little background info -

BOOM, BUST

Up for auction: bankrupt condo converter Juan Puig's fleet of vintage sports cars; nine road and mountain bikes; furnishings from his former Gables Estates home including a Brunswick billiards table from the late 1800s, and two pin ball machines; pricey Cuban art collection; two dozen watches; and 70-plus jewelry items belonging to his wife Diana.

Auction is at 1 p.m. Sunday at Marriott Miami Dadeland. Preview is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday.

Among the cars: a '66 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2. From the art collection: works by Amelia Pelaez; Rene Portocarrero; Rafael Soriano; Tomas Sanchez, Carlos Alfonzo; and Jose Bedia. Moecker Auctions already received a $193,000 ''bulk offer'' from a local art collector for all 76 paintings, but auctioneer Eric Rubin says he'll still entertain bids.

Rubin says he also received a $25,000 bid from Ricardo and Carla Albarran on the pool table, made between 1875 and 1880. The Albarrans bought Puig's Coral Gables home for $11.75 million.

Puig lived the high life until his company, Puig Inc., collapsed. The bankruptcy court ordered the auction.

Moecker Auctions gets paid from a fee charged to the buyer -- 10 percent of the ''hammer price'' (highest bid) for everything but the cars, which is 5 ½ percent.
Owen
'65 330 GT 2+2 #5767
'58 Fiat 1200 TV
tyang

Post by tyang »

ANybody know what the 330 went for?

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Tom,

The car sold for $88,000 + premium (5.5% if live bid, 8.5% if internet bid).

Nice car but not numbers matching if I recall.

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
330 America

Puig Auction (330GT)

Post by 330 America »

Art/all,

Small world that I saw this post since I haven't been watching much lately. I can fill in the gaps on the Ferrari 330GT as I discovered it as I was parusing Collector Car Trader for a nice DeTomaso Mangusta that was part of the same auction.

I scrambled to get registered as an Internet bidder 24 hours before the auction and on Sunday actually bid on several items. Funny thing is that Moecker Auctions usually auction off commercial equipment, etc. so they gave only brief descriptions of the cars and only 2-3 pictures (thus, Internet bidders were bidding "blind"). As an aside, I bought my 330 America from a Bonham's Auction in 2003 (without seeing much more than this) and as many of you know I'm way over $100,000 invested in restoring this car -- despite its supposed representation as being "restored." So I thought hard about this and decided to gamble on the cars.

With regards to the 330GT, I knew about both the color change on this Ferrari (was originally green), plus the non-matching #'s engine, although a correct 4.0 litre engine was in the car - thanks to Kerry's 330 Registry. I bid up to $85,000 on the Ferrari and then let it go -- because the next car on the block was the Mangusta and that's the car I wanted. I ended up winning the Mangusta and had to fly to Miami last Monday to pay for it and remove the car by the 4pm deadline (yeah, this was a wild 24 hours).

When I arrived to the Marriott Dadeland and saw the 330GT I realized I should have chased it to $95,000 because it was VERY nice throughout (interior, paint, engine compartment, etc.) It was a #2- car and I was told it had won a recent Ferrari Club concours. The tool kit was in the car on the day of bidding but when the winner (Florida guy) arrived to pick up the car, the tool kit had been removed/stolen and the new buyer was rightfully pissed off.

The Alfa was a STEAL at $14,500!! I should have bought it because there's no way you buy a GTV for this kind of money with the level of restoration this car had. The BMW M1 sold for $125,000 (which I thought was $30K+ over market) but apparently a Florida dealer bought it who has two other M1's listed around $160,000.

A wild week and I'm lovin' the fact that I have an original red/black Mangusta in 3+ condition -- so it becomes the "driver" that my 330 America was supposed to be prior to my restoration journey. I had given serious thought to a Fiat Dino -- but the rust and reliability issues generally associated with these cars scared me off and I opted for the more sexier (and reliable) Mangusta. Given that Daytona's are over $300,000 and Miura's are $400,000 -- the Mangusta is the last affordable sexy Italian GT car from the 1967-1970 era (I don't count the Ghibli).

Hope this helps out.
Steve Patti
Ferrari 330 Americ (5061) - SOLD
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (ex-Bill Adam)
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (7UP guest car)
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Congratulations on the Mangusta!
1967 330 GT 2+2 #9453