Yacht Racing

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

365gtc/4

Yacht Racing

Post by 365gtc/4 »

Now this really is a long shot. I am coming from Australia in August to see the Monterey historics etc and whilst in the US I would like to do some yacht racing. Now there is some common interest between yacht racing and old cars so I thought someone on this board might be interested as well. I have won some international ocean racing regattas over the years so I am not totally useless. If anyone is interested I can let you know my sailing experience. I am happy to stay on in the US to do the Big Boat Series on SF Bay which is in September.
Thanks
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

John you could not be more right. The commonality between boats and old cars is clear,they both leak[boats leak in ,cars leak out], there is the constant expense,marital strife"you spend more time with that boat/car..." .You get the idea. |Looking foward to the first Tom Y east coast maritime get together.I think my next project will be to install a Ferrari V12 as a trolling motor! Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

Ah Mike... but for one difference - when you sell your old Ferrari it is not the happiest day of your life, instead you regret it forever! M
Michael J. Bayer
330GT s/n 9727
365GTC4 s/n 14943
Dino Spider s/n 1193
365gtc/4

Post by 365gtc/4 »

Gee guys. This was supposed to be a serious post as I am looking to get a ride on a boat, BUT I must admit you are right. With old cars you get dirty finger nails, scrapped knuckles etc and on boats you get cold and wet, but both are great fun. You must have the passion and then you forget all the problems and just remember the good times. Certainly red line in my C4 makes all the maintenance worth the effort. And sailing in 35 knots with a spinnaker up in big seas also makes all the cold and hard work worth the effort. You don't have to be stupid, but it does help !
John
John
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
hangten

Post by hangten »

Hi John,
Have you seen an old IOR 2 ton (43ft) Peterson designed yacht in Melbourne named Big Shot? I know it was there in the mid 1980's just wondering if it still is.
Aloha,
Mark