Lusso vs 330 GTC vs Daytona

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Boxer42

Lusso vs 330 GTC vs Daytona

Post by Boxer42 »

When looking around Europe at 330 GTCs and Daytonas, I have run across a few Lussos. They do command a 50-75% premium over the two others but with only 350 produced might be a better long term investment choice (especially given the way Daytonas have run up in the last 2 years).

Has anyone owned one ? How are running/maintenance costs?

Most importantly, how do they compare in terms of driving experience vs the two other choices ?
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

I've owned all three - Still have the 330, since I find it to be the most fun to drive, given the type of driving that I like to do. The difference between driving a Lusso and a 330 GTC is quite dramatic - both are enjoyable, but totally different.

Just based on my experience, maintenance costs for each of these will be roughly equivalent, and based more on condition of the vehicle at purchase, and less on the model. Also bear in mind that people usually don't sell a perfect car, so there will usually be expenses right off the bat.

As far as buying one for investment purposes, I propose you don't think about it on those terms. If you are buying a Lusso today (or most vintage Ferraris, for that matter) you are basically absorbing someone else's huge capital gains. Some owners have gotten 3-5x on their money over the last 8 years, but I believe you won't see that level of return again anytime soon.