Tom Yang Spring Party

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Michael Bayer

Tom Yang Spring Party

Post by Michael Bayer »

Here are some early returns from the Tom Yang Spring Party, http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showth ... p?t=196348 By my count there were at LEAST 18 Vintage Ferraris (heavens knows how many Fiat era Ferraris also in attendance). It was a wonderful event so well put together by Tom, Richard Garre and Richard's far better half, Patty. It was great to see Mike, Yale Warren, Jay, Tom, Sam and so many more, and to get to see so many great cars with their owners, among them BrianP (stunning 365GT interior), BuddyO (more stickers than imaginable) , Lashdeep (just getting started on a Queen that will someday put us all to shame) , Mike Franz (over the top paint job), and too many, many other guys and their cars to mention. THANKS TOM!!! Michael Bayer
Michael J. Bayer
330GT s/n 9727
365GTC4 s/n 14943
Dino Spider s/n 1193
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

Great photos. Even though this is a Ferrari forum, I must say that the Alfa GTV 1750 is just unassumingly and quietly sitting there, looking fantastic.
klv

Post by klv »

Great looking party guys! Some nice machines in the carpark. I'm rather partial to 1750GTVs myself, having just spent two and a half years on my car...
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
mdempsey

Post by mdempsey »

Yes it was a great time. Nice to see so many old faces and also to put faces with names. I'm glad there are some pics. I left the house without my camera. Already looking forward to the next one.
Dr. Ian Levy

Tom Yang Spring Party

Post by Dr. Ian Levy »

Hello All
Michael, Ain't it just great when a plan comes together & what a great idea it was.
Looks like I missed a great event-so sorry I couldn't make it,
Brilliant pics of some brilliant cars so it was almost like being there,Thank s for them/
Congratulations. Tom- It has been said many times before but you certainly started something.
Regards
Ian L
UK
1972 365 GTC4 s/n 15989
http://www.ferrari365gtc4.co.uk/
peterp

Post by peterp »

Looks like a great event -- sorry to have missed it
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
whturner

Tom Yangs Spring Party

Post by whturner »

It is always speculative how a first time event will turn out. Now the results are in!
It was, in my opinion, a singular accomplishment, both the conception and execution.
It was well worth the 600 mile round trip. And among those who deserve kudos, add Micheal himself.

Cheers to all participants and organizers.
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069
tyang

Post by tyang »

All I can say is WOW!

With an open invitation and free admission, we couldn't know how many people were going to show up. After parking the third 330GT 2+2, I couldn't believe another one was pulling in, along with a second Ghibli! It was overwhelming at times to watch all this rare and eclectic machinery drive in for our event. As one of the organizers, I thought it was pretty cool! I can easily say there were more 2+2 Ferraris at this event than ANY Ferrari event I've been to in the last 8 years, and a strong showing of two seaters as well. From all estimates, there was over 200 people in attendance throughout the day!

Richard, and his wife Patty and I are definitely planning another one for next year, and only hope to bring out more cars. From the show of cars, enthusiastic owners, and fans, we have to continue to provide an event worth going to! Thanks to everyone who came, and I hope the rest of you make plans to come next year!

Tom Yang
'63 330 America #5053
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

It was indeed a great event. Many thanks to all the folks at Radcliff Motors,and of course Tom Y and Michael Bayer for all the organizing and food. The informal and relaxed atmosphere was a pleasure and what a great turnout of cars and people. Job well done. These kind of events are the best . Looking foward to October .Regards to all ,Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

What a turnout! I looks like it was a great party; one I am sorry to have missed. I love the row of 2+2's in the photos. It must have been great to have so many together in one spot, along with their owners!

How did the talks go? Any tips for those of us who couldn't be there?

Tom Y - Will we get any podcasts out of this?

I am trying to clear my calendar for the fall as we speak.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
tyang

Post by tyang »

Tom Wilson wrote:What a turnout! I looks like it was a great party; one I am sorry to have missed. I love the row of 2+2's in the photos. It must have been great to have so many together in one spot, along with their owners!

How did the talks go? Any tips for those of us who couldn't be there?

Tom Y - Will we get any podcasts out of this?

I am trying to clear my calendar for the fall as we speak.
Hi Tom,

Speaking of the Fall Party, I've discussed it with my wife, and I think it's time to hold the party at my house in Upstate NY. I'll need to work on the details, but at least I have executive approval! Now all I have to work on a date in the September that is not in conflict with anything.

Stay tuned!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Tom,

Great party! Sorry I was late, but my not bringing the 330 was on your shoulders... ;) It was a great gathering with lots of activities and great people to speak with.

The only thing that I missed was the great twisty back roads, but I think the fall gathering will make up for that! I look foreward to taking the Ferrari up to your place!

Regards,

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
tyang

Post by tyang »

Will we get any podcasts out of this?
I just reviewed a short recording I made with the Admiral about how he got his car. I'll be working on it this week to get it posted. Robert is filled with great stories about his 50 year relationship with his car, but he's knee deep in preparing his car for Pebble Beach, so I'll have to make time in the near future to record more. Stay tuned!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
sam231

Post by sam231 »

Tom, Richard and all congratulations on another glorious event! Sorry I missed you, but will be there in the fall. Great pictures! OLD 12'S RULE!

The C/4 is running like a top....no better, having found the additional 15-20 hp from the winter ministrations. She would have liked the 1200 mile roundtrip, but a family issue precluded going. Fortunately all is now well.

Keep up the good work keeping us together.

Sam
'72 365 GTC/4 # 14953; ex-owner 330 GT 2+2 # 8025 :>(
tyang

Post by tyang »

sam231 wrote:Tom, Richard and all congratulations on another glorious event! Sorry I missed you, but will be there in the fall. Great pictures! OLD 12'S RULE!

The C/4 is running like a top....no better, having found the additional 15-20 hp from the winter ministrations. She would have liked the 1200 mile roundtrip, but a family issue precluded going. Fortunately all is now well.

Keep up the good work keeping us together.

Sam
We had 2 GTC/4s at the event and missed Mike's and yours, Sam. Next year it would be great to see more than 4 show up. Now that would be impressive!

My 800 mile trip in the Ferrari really has her feeling good. I'm proud to associated with a bunch of guys that prove (and not just say it) that Ferraris are meant to be driven!!!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053