330 gt brake problem

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

GAR 72

330 gt brake problem

Post by GAR 72 »

Hi guys, After consulting with quite a few of you . I went along and purchased 330 gt 2+2 series 2 # 8587. Restored in 2002 with quite a number of show wins . I shipped it to Manila and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. The car drove properly as how I got it in N. Carolina. However I guess due to the temperature change ( we are a few degrees above the equator) I few problems came about. The brake calipers in front didnt release fully which prompted us to open the power brake master cylinder. I have to replace the #5 main retianing ring and #9 center retaining ring. Its not available in the Philippines, does anyone know where I can purchase it . maybe a repair kit if available . Thanks

gar
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Gar,

We usually send these boosters out for rebuild, and don't have spare parts. They must have a complete rebuild kit that they use. Try contacting Karp's brake service http://www.resleeve.com/ to see if they have any ideas. They're in my suppliers page.

Let us know how you make out, and congratulations!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
GAR 72

Post by GAR 72 »

Thanks for the advice, there wasnt any spare parts as these rebuilders fabricate the rubber parts themselves. I sent mine to white post restorations in virginia . They said once received, they will finish in 24 hours. Will inform you guys how it turned out.
Thanks
tyang

Post by tyang »

Please let us know how you make out with White Post. They used to do good work, but then went down in quality. I'm always hopeful they are getting better again.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
GAR 72

Post by GAR 72 »

Sure will do. I should be getting it next week