Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

whturner

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Post by whturner »

Report from the Field:

I attended the event as just another Italian car, rather than joining the formal gathering(s) a bunch of the east coast guys set up.
The first day is the car show (grouped by nationality but not model or year), while the racers are practicing for the competition the next day.
If you treat it as a picnic, with family and friends, it is just great. You can find some pictures at:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205868

I did not take an inventory nor many pictures, as I was picnicing rather than inspecting cars.

Some comments: There ware perhaps 40 or so F-Cars there, and a selection of Lambo's. but I saw only a Red Daytona and mine to represent the Vintage F-cars. But my old driver had more "curb appeal" than the new ones parked nearby. There were just too many perfect modern examples, and only one old Ferrari.
There were quite a few Vintage italian cars of other makes, (the usual suspects)
The German cars had a much better mix of Vintage and Modern cars, and The English contingent was mostly older cars (there are so few new cars)

I didn't get to the Motorcycle nor Asian areas, but my son is thinking about bringing one of his 70's cycles next year.

All in all a great event, no judging, just socializing. Like a big version of Tom's events.

Cheers
Warren
330 GT Series II sn 10069