Cavallino Classic 2009

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

klv

Cavallino Classic 2009

Post by klv »

Kelly and I are starting to plan our visit to the 2009 event - a chance to escape the English winter weather - and wanted to get an idea from those more 'experienced' visitors about what to book/where to go/what to see etc etc. I realise that most of you will be swanning around Monterey at the moment :) so it may have to wait until you get back, but any suggestions and advice will be gratefully received!
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
william

Post by william »

Hi Klv,

I'll be there again this year, 3rd time great event!!!! Tom Y. has also been there the last two years and a group of us usually meet at the track on Friday.

where will you be staying? lots to do, but $$$$ down on Worth Ave.

Look forward to meeting you.
William
1979 Avanti s/n Rqb-3016
1962 GTE s/n 3447
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider 1495*09775
BT

Post by BT »

I would recommend thiis place if you want to be close to the Breakers without spending exorbitant dollars:

Palm Beach Hotel Condominium
235 Sunrise Avenue
Palm Beach, FL 33480
(561) 659-7665
Reservations: (561) 655-4580
The rooms also have kitchenettes and it is about 200 yards from Publix, so you could make some food in the room.

I used to live there in the mid 1980's, it is not real fancy, but the location is excellent.

BT
1967 Ginetta G20
klv

Post by klv »

That was a quick response! We'll make some enquiries re accomodation at the place suggested. Car hire will be the other big item. I guess it's 'uncool' to have a Pontiac/Buick/Chevy/Ford type thing, so we might have to look for something more interesting!
Michael Greenspan

Post by Michael Greenspan »

I don't know about that. The parking lot is almost as amazing as the show area but we drove up in a rented Prius and when the car was returned the attendant told us he thought it was a really cool car. Sometimes being at the other end works.

Michael
1963 330 America #4969
klv

Post by klv »

Just remembered that Tom Y was planning a trip to the UK for the Goodwood revival - or has he used up all his brownie points with the family? :D
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Andrew,

I ask that same question myself, but Deb is allowing me to go! I've got flights, and a place to stay in London, but have done NOTHING about a place to stay near Goodwood! To the Brits, traveling 50 miles or so to Goodwood is out of the question, but I'll see what I can do!

I can help you with whatever you need with Cavallino. I will be there showing Gary Hiniker's GTE if all goes to plan. It'll be great to spend some time together!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Sean Bramhall

Post by Sean Bramhall »

Tom give us a call about hotels maybe I can give you some advice. We will be there for four days

Regards

Sean
How many Ferrari's do you have to collect to be a collector 64 330GT (6155), 90 Testerossa, Austin Healy 100-6 911 964RS a merc SL280,SL500 pagoda Morgan plus 4 Bentley S3 and Brooklands oh Wife say's I've got MAD CAR Dieseeeeeee
klv

Re: Cavallino Classic 2009

Post by klv »

Hello all.

We've got our accomodation and hire car sorted out for 2009, but I'm trying to work out what tickets (if any) we should/need to get for the event. it's not that far away now, so trying to get plans sorted out and any advice would be well received!

Cheers

Andrew
(PS - Tom, did you get my e-mail yesterday?)
william

Post by william »

No problem getting tickets for the main event "The Cavallino" or the track on either day.

If your interested in the "Jet Reception" or "Yacht Hop" you will want to buy your tickets in advance.

We usually meet at the track on Thursday or Friday.. around noon. I assume Tom will be there, Looks like Gary Hiniker's GTE will also be attending.

Looking forward to meeting you.
William
1979 Avanti s/n Rqb-3016
1962 GTE s/n 3447
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider 1495*09775
klv

Post by klv »

Thanks William. I'm trying to get a sense of which parts of the event are worthwhile attending as a 'newbie' going without a car! Have printed out the "entry form" from the Cavallino website so just trying to work it all out. Are the various 'lunches' on offer worth paying in advance, or are there other options on the day
tyang

Post by tyang »

(PS - Tom, did you get my e-mail yesterday?)
Hi Andrew,

Yes, I did. You're welcome. I've been away from home the last night, so I have not been near my computer.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
klv

Post by klv »

Nobody has mentioned which tickets we need to get though... Are there any days where it's worthwhile shelling out $25 + ea. for lunches or should we just go on the basis of booking for everything and hang the expense? I hope the Sunday brunch is good at $250 per person...

Andrew
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Andrew,

The Lunch during the event on Saturday is worth it simply for the convenience. It's usually set up on the lawn next to the Breakers Hotel overlooking the ocean. It's standard hot tray catered food, so better food can be had for a short walk down the block, although there might be a wait during lunch.

The Jet Party is a "must attend" if this is your first time. It has all the (artificial) glam and glitz of South Florida, but many people who have entered their cars in the show for Saturday bring their cars. It's a more relaxed atmosphere, and it's a nice chance to speak to some of the owners.

I usually join different groups for dinner, and make plans at the Jet Party for the rest of the weekend, although this time I may be busy with Gary's car.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
klv

Post by klv »

Thanks Tom! I'm sure with your high profile and great connections you can get us into all the good parties with the movers and shakers of the Florida scene 8) We can just say "I'm with Tom" and that will get us in anywhere! :lol: