Looking for a cheap Ferrari

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

t walgamuth

Looking for a cheap Ferrari

Post by t walgamuth »

I would like to find an inexpensive 308 GT4. I don't want any rust issues but about any other mechaincal and cosmetic issues are acceptable. I think I would prefer the carburated cars.

I'd like to do it all again, but I realize the gt4s are largely unloved, but ten years ago the pf coupes were too. :wink:

Tom W
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421
Vince

Post by Vince »

Say, I'm looking for an entry-level Ferrari too, and the Bertone is the most obvious choice.

Any condition would be OK.

And I would go so far as to re-install the original Dino badge...

- Vince
william

Post by william »

Hi Tom,

Give me a call.

Vince, Pm sent.
William
1979 Avanti s/n Rqb-3016
1962 GTE s/n 3447
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider 1495*09775
matt

Post by matt »

I noticed on on craigslist. in sfbay area. I know nothing about the car, just saw the ad.
Vince

Post by Vince »

matt wrote:I noticed on on craigslist. in sfbay area. I know nothing about the car, just saw the ad.
I saw that one - thanks.
t walgamuth

Post by t walgamuth »

That is too far away for me. East of Rockies is probably my area to consider cars from.

Tom W
tom walgamuth
pf coupe #1421
Vince

Post by Vince »

Out of 656 registered members there must be plenty of people looking for *cheap* Ferraris.

What I am looking for is a *cheap* fixer-upper in the SF Bay area - although a flood or fire car might be a bit too much to handle...

http://readytofix.com/CL/308.htm
gsjohnson

Post by gsjohnson »

I tried to check out the one in the bay area. The ad states it is in Highland Park, 30 minutes from me, but a bay area phone number. I sent the guy 3 emails for info, and he responded with none of the info I requested. He finally gave his phone number which he also never answered after 3 more calls. Also note the ad says vitrually nothing about his cars condition, but has almost 5 paragraphs of history lesson about these cars quoted from Wikepedia. Additionally he advertises the car as a 1975 model with a factory sunroof. GT4 Bertone bodied 308s didn't have factory sunroofs until 1977. The lousy pic he supplies makes it difficult to make out, but it appears to be a non factory pop-up glass sunroof. But it's hard to tell for sure. It would be a shame if someone sawed a hole in the roof of this car for that purpose. I finally passed on the car as I got tired of the guy jacking me around, being unresponsive and being evasive. Just my .02 experience with this seller.
GS
1965 330 GT 2+2 Interim
S/N 6997