Air Horn Hose Routing

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

gsjohnson

Air Horn Hose Routing

Post by gsjohnson »

As you guys know, I went on a mission to repair my horns so they worked properly. Of course this turned into restoring the system to its' proper appearance. I detailed and repainted the compressor. I removed the horns in the nose area because someone while painting the interior nose area black, didn't remove any of the accessories or mountings in that area prior to painting it. I cleaned the horns, but I couldn't save the original red translucent paint coating. I found some red translucent spray paint on line used for RC car bodies that is resistent to dirt, oil and grease. I ordered two cans to see if I can duplicate the look. I was able to clean the black paint off of the original red hoses, but my question is, how and where are the hoses secured as they travel from the compressor in the engine bay to the horns in the interior nose of the car? When taking mine apart, there was electrical tape wrapped around the X-brace in the nose in two places that secured the red air horn hose. Is this correct? Can someone verify what is the correct method of attachment is? I saw nylon zip ties on another 330 I looked at, but that couldn't possibly have been correct from that era. I'm not sure zip ties had even been invented in 1965. As usual, thanking all of you in advance.
GS
1965 330 GT 2+2 Interim
S/N 6997
gsjohnson

Post by gsjohnson »

Nobody knows the answer to this one?
GS
1965 330 GT 2+2 Interim
S/N 6997
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

GS,

My guess is that there was an aluminium tie used. They are quite thin
and break very easily, possibly explaining their absence.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705